Does LW2 affect Shen's Last Gift?

Patremagne

Does LW2 affect Shen's Last Gift?

Post by Patremagne »

I bought SLG partway through my LW2 playthrough, hit the continue button on the "best experienced from the beginning" prompt, but I'm not seeing Mechanized Warfare in my Proving Grounds.

Any ideas?
Amineri

Re: Does LW2 affect Shen's Last Gift?

Post by Amineri »

There are some changes ... the Mechanized Warfare research project has a prereq in LW2 if you skip the narrative content for SLG.
Patremagne

Post by Patremagne »

Amineri wrote:There are some changes ... the Mechanized Warfare research project has a prereq in LW2 if you skip the narrative content for SLG.
What's the prereq? I apologize if this is listed somewhere.

edit: Just saw that it needs ADVENT Robotics tech? What's the prereq for that?
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

IIRC Robotics is basically the Drone Autopsy. So you'd need some drone corpses, plus whatever tech it is that unlocks the autopsy, the specifics of which are escaping me at the moment.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Amineri wrote:IIRC Robotics is basically the Drone Autopsy. So you'd need some drone corpses, plus whatever tech it is that unlocks the autopsy, the specifics of which are escaping me at the moment.
ADVENT Trooper Autopsy, Hybrid Materials, and at least 3 Drone Wrecks.
kurnis

Post by kurnis »

Amineri wrote:There are some changes ... the Mechanized Warfare research project has a prereq in LW2 if you skip the narrative content for SLG.
What does this mean, "skip the narrative content"? So...listening to them talk means I don't have to research the prereq? Im confused, sorry. :?:
Cloista

Post by Cloista »

The narrative content is the dlc missions.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

kurnis wrote:
What does this mean, "skip the narrative content"? So...listening to them talk means I don't have to research the prereq? Im confused, sorry. :?:
Means you don't get the DLC mission popping out on your current campaign.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

The game can't spawn the Lost Towers mission in an ongoing campaign, so if you add it mid way, or disable the mission when starting the campaign, you don't have to beat the mission to unlock the tech like you normally do.
Sines

Post by Sines »

For other people looking here, when I played the mission (Veteran), it seemed unchanged except for 2 points.
Spoiler: show
1. There was an additional Advent Trooper near the beginning. I'm not really sure what he was doing there, as he doesn't fit the narrative, nor did he meaningfully change how the fight played out.

2. The SPARK unit itself is changed. Most notably, you don't start with Shredder, which can make the fight against Julian harder, and he starts with a Shredstorm Cannon instead of a Rocket Launcher.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Sines wrote: 1. There was an additional Advent Trooper near the beginning. I'm not really sure what he was doing there, as he doesn't fit the narrative, nor did he meaningfully change how the fight played out.]
Lol, yeah. I've played two campaigns and both of them had that guy. I like to imagine he fooled Julian into thinking he was a robot and has had to eat vines and moss all this time, until X-Com comes and murders him while dashing his hopes for rescue.