Bug? Hunker Works Against Melee?

Surrealistik

Bug? Hunker Works Against Melee?

Post by Surrealistik »

Is Hunker intended to work against melee, including melee that flanks and doesn't attack through cover?

This doesn't seem to make any sense as Hunker = huddling down/going to ground and conforming to your cover to avoid gunfire as opposed to bracing yourself for being attacked in melee. If anything it should afford a melee attacker bonuses to hit, and penalties to dodge their attacks as huddling on the ground probably should compromise your ability to deal with being rushed with fixed bayonets or worse.
NotSoLoneWolf
Terra Invicta Beta Tester

Re: Bug? Hunker Works Against Melee?

Post by NotSoLoneWolf »

Did you have patch 1.1 installed when you experienced this? Patch 1.1 fixes a lot of issues with Hunker, like Hunker's defense bonus applying in literally EVERY situation, not just against ranged attacks that aren't flanking the hunkered unit.
admo

Post by admo »

NotSoLoneWolf wrote:Did you have patch 1.1 installed when you experienced this? Patch 1.1 fixes a lot of issues with Hunker, like Hunker's defense bonus applying in literally EVERY situation, not just against ranged attacks that aren't flanking the hunkered unit.
Can confirm, fleche hit chance is significantly reduced against hunker targets in 1.1.
NotSoLoneWolf
Terra Invicta Beta Tester

Post by NotSoLoneWolf »

admo wrote:
NotSoLoneWolf wrote:Did you have patch 1.1 installed when you experienced this? Patch 1.1 fixes a lot of issues with Hunker, like Hunker's defense bonus applying in literally EVERY situation, not just against ranged attacks that aren't flanking the hunkered unit.
Can confirm, fleche hit chance is significantly reduced against hunker targets in 1.1.
Ah, forget what I said then.
gunshine

Post by gunshine »

Can confirm, it affects melee attacks in 1.1. Please fix.
sambezi

Possible bug report (not sure if intended), hunkering down still giving defense bonus vs fleche.

Post by sambezi »

It seems Fleche still is losing % chance to hit vs hunkered down enemies despite being a move that ignores cover and regardless of which tile you choose to attack from. I believe it olnly happens when the shinobi's starting position isn't currently flanking the enemy. Again not sure if inteded or not but I'd still share in case.
Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

Yes, per gunshine and admo, Hunker bonuses work against melee attacks, including flanked melee attacks in 1.1.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

If you're using the hunker down mod, it allows hunkering (read cowering) in the open so you aren't completely screwed if an archer mech blows up your cover.
Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

Narcissistic_Martyr wrote:If you're using the hunker down mod, it allows hunkering (read cowering) in the open so you aren't completely screwed if an archer mech blows up your cover.
Not the case.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

Surrealistik wrote:
Narcissistic_Martyr wrote:If you're using the hunker down mod, it allows hunkering (read cowering) in the open so you aren't completely screwed if an archer mech blows up your cover.
Not the case.
Ah... I thought it did...

On the other hand... I do on occasion lose track of which mods I've further modified that's probably the case here.
Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

Narcissistic_Martyr wrote:
Surrealistik wrote:
Not the case.
Ah... I thought it did...

On the other hand... I do on occasion lose track of which mods I've further modified that's probably the case here.
As in I'm not using any mods.

So is this working as intended behaviour for hunker, or a bug?