Getting Rulers Late

Manifest

Getting Rulers Late

Post by Manifest »

It's August 30th in my Legend Campaign and I still haven't gotten the Alien Rulers POI (I've gotten the one that gives me the weapons, but not the nest), I've gotten the Lost Towers and Liberated a region, but still no nest. This is making me really nervous, I feel like the Viper King is going to show up on one of my missions while I'm completely unprepared. Is this intentional? I just downloaded 1.1 and I know that changes the timings but this has already been going on.
Alucard

Re: Getting Rulers Late

Post by Alucard »

did it Nest appear in the end?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

From the 1.1 changelist thread:

"- Lost Towers POI won't appear to FL 8; Alien Nest won't appear until FL 12"

I don't know what FL stands for but it sounds like they moved the Nest later.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Alucard wrote:did it Nest appear in the end?
I haven't made much progress since then, but no Viper King or Nest so far. This just seems TOO late. Like I have full mag weapons and Exo. I don't think the Nest will be a challenge now?
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

nmkaplan wrote:From the 1.1 changelist thread:

"- Lost Towers POI won't appear to FL 8; Alien Nest won't appear until FL 12"

I don't know what FL stands for but it sounds like they moved the Nest later.
I also don't know what FL refers to but I'm guessing "find lead"? Maybe you need to do a minimum of 12 successful leads before it unlocks or maybe it is auto triggered at that point?
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

FL = Force Level. It's a global value.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Manifest wrote:
Alucard wrote:did it Nest appear in the end?
I haven't made much progress since then, but no Viper King or Nest so far. This just seems TOO late. Like I have full mag weapons and Exo. I don't think the Nest will be a challenge now?
Well keep going and let us know. The Alien Rulers are likely to be a little bit...difficult...if you pull them with an 8 man pod.
Sines

Post by Sines »

I vaguely recall hearing that the Force Level goes up by 1 every 2 weeks. So you'll have to be 6 months into the game before The Nest shows up.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

I find the story missions kind of tedious so I don't include them. Bad bit is that the Viper kinda shows up at the worst possible times. First campaign, he popped up in the avenger shot down mission, which ended that campaign. 2nd time he popped up in a swarming facility destruction mission. Which actually wasn't that bad since I had my best squad on the job and fully loaded for a long LONG slog through the 50+ baddies. I can't wait where he'll pop up to try and ruin this campaign.

Also... I gotta admit I find it odd that he works for the elders considering they basically sterilized and enslaved his race. There should totally be an option to ally with him and help free his people. The other two, they're more machine than man now...