Game says I dont have any main/story researches to do. Also, I'm not picking up corpses

questsword

Game says I dont have any main/story researches to do. Also, I'm not picking up corpses

Post by questsword »

Hey Everyone,

I am having some potential issues with the game and I was wondering if I need to restart my playthrough of LW2 to fix them:

1) Ever since practically the first mission, I haven't picked up any corpses. I probably have 15-20 missions played. Is this a LW2 thing or is there something going on?

2) The game is telling me to do the advent officer autopsy but the research doesn't appear in the research menu. Since I was wondering if this was a glitch in the mod, I activated the Dev console and tried giving myself an advent officer corpse, which didn't give me the research option. I then give myself the officer autopsy automatically via dev to see if I that would give me the next thing (proving grounds). The research triggered the cutscene that should give me the option to build the proving grounds. However, when I try to build the proving grounds, the option to build it does not exist. Is there something I'm missing here?, or should I restart to fix this?
Manifest

Re: Game says I dont have any main/story researches to do. Also, I'm not picking up corpses

Post by Manifest »

You have to autopsy a trooper to autopsy an officer. If you haven't already.
Daergar

Re: Game says I dont have any main/story researches to do. Also, I'm not picking up corpses

Post by Daergar »

Any mission you evac out from does not yield corpses, the others do. Taking wounds just to secure corpses is rather macabre, but that's the way it goes sometimes. ;)
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

To be even more clear, the vast majority of missions are "get in and get out". You're hacking, you're extracting a VIP, you're rescuing rebels from jail, etc. etc.

Any mission that ends with you hitting that "evac" button will never yield any corpses.

Troop column ambushes, supply raids, rendevous missions, headquarter assaults, and other missions that only end when you've murdered everything are the only missions that give corpses.

The exception seems to be the Tower missions, which I don't believe I got any corpses for, despite "murder everything" being the thing that ends the mission.
questsword

Post by questsword »

Thanks for the responses. I think your suggestions helped me fix it. When I deved in a trooper body, the research appeared in the list. I think the issue was that I sold all of my beginning corpses, thinking I would get more next mission(haha). What I was wondering is, why does this research not appear as a mandatory research (starred or highlighted red), even if you cannot do the research?