Hacking and Stealth

Opticalx

Hacking and Stealth

Post by Opticalx »

This topic is for you lovely dev's.

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating such a wonderful mod, I have put several hours into it already and really enjoy the changes, improvements and feel of the game.
I have a few suggestions and thoughts on the stealth ( concealment aspect ). Yesterday I sent 2 of my soldiers on a mission to hack a terminal 1 shinobi and 1 sharp shooter. The idea was to use the shinobi to scout / remain undetected and the sniper to chip away at enemies from afar with sniper/silencer combo. Going through the mission I ran into 3 pods, before engaging I saved game ( ye i know scrub ) But I was totally unsure of how the silencer mechanic worked ( with the mod to remain concealed ). After finding out it works it kinda puts the enemies on high alert which is fine and the sniper remained concealed. I reloaded game and pressed on to the objective which was to hack an enemy terminal, after some close calls I managed to completely avoid all the pods and reach the terminal with the shinobi. Here is my issue, when I attempted and completed the hack the shinobi was revealed. Which after sneaking about the map, avoiding the 3 pods with very close calls, felt a little bad. Like I had been punished for being stealthy and not taking a full squad to be able to kill all.
Now I am not going to just say hey you guys need to change this, but to consider some options to reward the stealthy play a bit more on missions of this type. I had 3 days to infiltrate the mission, so that promoted the choice to send in only 2 people. I thought wouldnt it be cool to only use 2 soldiers and hack that station and get out without the enemy knowing.

Anyhow I am not sure if you intended the gameplay to work like that, but just my thoughts on it. I think having a talent or a % chance to remain concealed well hacking would be a nice addition to the shinobi as the class promotes stealthy play a lot.
Note: Since i am only a few hours in I do not know if there such a talent or skill and forgive me if there is. have not been able to find anything about it.

Thank you, and keep up the good work. -Opticalx