Tactical DEs

Hazelnut

Tactical DEs

Post by Hazelnut »

So in 1.1 we now have tactical DEs, and in my game that manifested in having 2 slightly differently worded DEs that are each giving Advent and extra hp point. So every enemy has +2hp for the month. Not great but should be able to manage it since we now have (a few) mag weapons.

Can anyone tell me how this affects missions that are infiltrated while the DE is active, but launched after they end? It's a big deal because I've been trying to attack the HQ in the region to finish the liberation chain for several ingame weeks (6-7 I think) and this is the first time I've had a suitable chance to (i.e. best eq & troops available and no other critical missions) so I want to start infil for 10 of them which will take 20days. So by launch time the DEs will have expired (I assume they last a month like the non-tactical ones) so hopefully my first HQ raid will not have enemies with an extra 2 hp each.

If this is not the case I may hold off on sending the squad.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Tactical DEs

Post by mattprice516 »

Tactical DEs are permanent - they represent the aliens making technological advances to improve their troops.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

mattprice516 wrote:Tactical DEs are permanent - they represent the aliens making technological advances to improve their troops.
What? :shock:

I'm getting berserkers, muton centurions and heavy mecs... they're hard enough as an escalation of enemy toughness as it is... they don't need +2hp. Crapola. :)

Didn't see any counter missions, assumed I missed them due to low intel gathering or something (I use 6-7 of 13 on intel) but maybe these cannot be stopped like the regular DEs?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Tactical DEs can be stopped, though the health upgrades are particularly difficult to detect (they're supposed to be almost automatic). Also note that not all enemies get them. Active Tactical DEs have a % chance to apply to any given enemy.
Rempsv

Post by Rempsv »

So how do you stop these ?
I have never seen a mission with anything remotely related to this, and the buffs they get are just not fun anymore.
So not only do they get second tier enemies but they also get 2 extra hp and other permanent buffs.
This month there are another2 tactical incoming and i have no way to stop these permanent????? buffs.
To bad i was really enjoying my campaign.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

mattprice516 wrote:Tactical DEs can be stopped, though the health upgrades are particularly difficult to detect (they're supposed to be almost automatic). Also note that not all enemies get them. Active Tactical DEs have a % chance to apply to any given enemy.
That's odd, shouldn't the enemy scaling just be built into the game then? Is there some sort of special mechanic with TAC DEs, if you stop them do they come back? Can they stack infinitely? If you stop one and it comes back will it take the place of another one, effectively delaying it? Sorry just haven't seen much of them, are the TAC DES well labeled so you can tell the difference between them and a regular DE?