Dark Events

ConradKurze

Re: Dark Events

Post by ConradKurze »

mustangdood wrote: I'm sure the majority of users would agree with you. But like many forums, the ride-or-die fan boys posting here aren't big on common sense.

If you search the forums, you will find a post that shows you how to adjust the dark events so the duration is no longer 999.
Or maybe this mod isn't for you.

Instead of whining that this mod doesn't meet your exact criteria just accept that not every game (and especially not every mod) is targeted at you. You didn't pay a penny for this mod, so if you don't enjoy it then you don't lose anything by not playing it. Alternately you can take it upon yourself to make a 'Easier LW2' mod and make all these changes you'd prefer. The devs of this mod have no obligation to make the game you want, they make the game they want, and if you don't like it then either change it, or don't play it.

If you are playing on Legend and find the game ridiculously difficult then tune it down. I played on Legend on vanilla X2, now I'm doing Veteran on LW2. I'd say Veteran LW2 is somewhere in between vanilla Commander and Legendary, Commander LW2 is harder than vanilla Legendary, and Legendary LW2 is a LOT harder than Legendary vanilla.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

ConradKurze wrote:
mustangdood wrote: I'm sure the majority of users would agree with you. But like many forums, the ride-or-die fan boys posting here aren't big on common sense.

If you search the forums, you will find a post that shows you how to adjust the dark events so the duration is no longer 999.
Or maybe this mod isn't for you.

Instead of whining that this mod doesn't meet your exact criteria just accept that not every game (and especially not every mod) is targeted at you. You didn't pay a penny for this mod, so if you don't enjoy it then you don't lose anything by not playing it. Alternately you can take it upon yourself to make a 'Easier LW2' mod and make all these changes you'd prefer. The devs of this mod have no obligation to make the game you want, they make the game they want, and if you don't like it then either change it, or don't play it.

If you are playing on Legend and find the game ridiculously difficult then tune it down. I played on Legend on vanilla X2, now I'm doing Veteran on LW2. I'd say Veteran LW2 is somewhere in between vanilla Commander and Legendary, Commander LW2 is harder than vanilla Legendary, and Legendary LW2 is a LOT harder than Legendary vanilla.
Holy crap calm down, this is a mod not the constitution, I've seen less backlash to people besmirching and crapping all over Geneva conventions etc than what some of you guys are acting like. Not everything on LW2 is implacable and perfect and the great thing about pavonis is that they are in here discussing like adults how they improve the mod because its directed to players on XCOM and this time around they even stated its not meant for the hardcore only crowd.

Regardless,t he way dark events are handled aren't conducive to making a challenging or interactive campaign either, it takes some skill and strategy away from the player by playing things completely randomly and sort of ignoring scalability to what you can achieve maximum. Its artificial difficulty, basically, like Vanilla put into Legendary.
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

Valaska wrote: Holy crap calm down, this is a mod not the constitution, I've seen less backlash to people besmirching and crapping all over Geneva conventions etc than what some of you guys are acting like. Not everything on LW2 is implacable and perfect and the great thing about pavonis is that they are in here discussing like adults how they improve the mod because its directed to players on XCOM and this time around they even stated its not meant for the hardcore only crowd.

Regardless,t he way dark events are handled aren't conducive to making a challenging or interactive campaign either, it takes some skill and strategy away from the player by playing things completely randomly and sort of ignoring scalability to what you can achieve maximum. Its artificial difficulty, basically, like Vanilla put into Legendary.
Dunno where you're getting all that from. All I'm saying is for people to find what they enjoy. The devs have said permanent tactical DE are a part of the game and won't go away, so if someone thinks that very idea is flawed then arguing about it here isn't doing anyone any good. I'm just saying to take a second to evaluate what you enjoy. If you enjoy LW2 then yay for you, if you aren't having fun with it (which is what many people on here are saying) then clearly it isn't for them. Since the devs don't want to change the core concepts of LW, and only are willing to balance the frequency/duration/effect of some of these dark events, complaining about this is only going to make themselves angrier.
The poster I quoted basically said that anyone who enjoys this mechanic is an idiot, clearly LW2 isn't meant for him. So he can either argue about it (which solves nothing for anyone) or fix it (making a mod to make the changes he wants is helpful for everyone) or ignore it. As I said we haven't paid anything for this mod, it is free. Coming here and acting like your desires are more important than everyone else's and the devs should change their entire game to suit you isn't going to make friends.
Regardless,t he way dark events are handled aren't conducive to making a challenging or interactive campaign either
Actually it makes it more interactive. You know there are Dark Events occuring throughout the globe, you know you want to counter as many as you can. So to do that you need to expand, put people on Intel everywhere, and really try to counter the aliens moves across the entire globe. Sometimes things will happen that you have 0 control over, and that might be bad depending on how you enjoy to play. But even in the base game things happen without you being able to do anything about it. Mutons will start appearing on missions no matter what you do (unless you lose really quickly), Archons will eventually appear, Sectopods will make an appearance. No XCOM game has ever given the player 100% control over alien advancement, all LW2 is doing is actually giving you more control than you had previously. As mentioned by other posters in LW1 these kinds of advancements would happen and you literally could do nothing to stop them. In LW2 these advancements will happen, BUT you have a CHANCE to stop some of them.

Not saying the system is perfect (it isn't), just saying it isn't as clearly bad as you people are making it out to be.
UraniumOverdose

Post by UraniumOverdose »

Tying the Dark Event to it's own facility, or to an avatar facility sounds like a fantastic idea.

You could even do something like supply raids disable the TDE for a few weeks or a month, but the enemies on those missions would be a tad bit stronger than standard supply raids.

I have stated before I have no problem with the concept of permanent TDE's, but I think there should be a chance to raid a facility and disrupt them, even if only temporarily.

You could even make it so that successfully disabling a TDE causes ADVENT to up its strength in that region by 1 or 2, since that would be a fairly significant setback to their plans.
mustangdood

Post by mustangdood »

ConradKurze wrote:
Valaska wrote: Holy crap calm down, this is a mod not the constitution, I've seen less backlash to people besmirching and crapping all over Geneva conventions etc than what some of you guys are acting like. Not everything on LW2 is implacable and perfect and the great thing about pavonis is that they are in here discussing like adults how they improve the mod because its directed to players on XCOM and this time around they even stated its not meant for the hardcore only crowd.

Dunno where you're getting all that from. All I'm saying is for people to find what they enjoy. The devs have said permanent tactical DE are a part of the game and won't go away, so if someone thinks that very idea is flawed then arguing about it here isn't doing anyone any good. I'm just saying to take a second to evaluate what you enjoy. If you enjoy LW2 then yay for you, if you aren't having fun with it (which is what many people on here are saying) then clearly it isn't for them. Since the devs don't want to change the core concepts of LW, and only are willing to balance the frequency/duration/effect of some of these dark events, complaining about this is only going to make themselves angrier.
The poster I quoted basically said that anyone who enjoys this mechanic is an idiot, clearly LW2 isn't meant for him. So he can either argue about it (which solves nothing for anyone) or fix it (making a mod to make the changes he wants is helpful for everyone) or ignore it. As I said we haven't paid anything for this mod, it is free. Coming here and acting like your desires are more important than everyone else's and the devs should change their entire game to suit you isn't going to make friends.
You're childish opinions add nothing to the discussion of balance and alternate solutions, which were encouraged. If you're only way of dealing with something that isn't perfect is to take your ball and go home, you should go back to just listening.
wadeanthony

Post by wadeanthony »

mustangdood wrote:
ConradKurze wrote:
Valaska wrote: snip
You're childish opinions add nothing to the discussion of balance and alternate solutions, which were encouraged. If you're only way of dealing with something that isn't perfect is to take your ball and go home, you should go back to just listening.
This is the 2nd time you have called someone that disagreed you a child, how about you find a tactic to fighting the DEs instead of calling everything you disliked flawed design. Expand faster and pick your battles. As soon as you know there is a DE coming that you don't want- which only cost a small about of intel to see, put everyone on intel to try and can catch it. And It's not hard to get 4 regions by the 2nd month. Nothing the poster said was childish, trying to invalidate their whole opinion by saying it is what's childish.
please delete my account, I know long use it.
mustangdood

Post by mustangdood »

wadeanthony wrote:
mustangdood wrote:
ConradKurze wrote:
This is the 2nd time you have called someone that disagreed you a child, how about you find a tactic to fighting the DEs instead of calling everything you disliked flawed design. Expand faster and pick your battles. As soon as you know there is a DE coming that you don't want- which only cost a small about of intel to see, put everyone on intel to try and can catch it. And It's not hard to get 4 regions by the 2nd month. Nothing the poster said was childish, trying to invalidate their whole opinion by saying it is what's childish.
You're right. Misquoting someone, altering the content and intent of what they said is slanderous, not childish.

I stand corrected.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Gentlemen, no fighting in the war room. Going to lock this thread for a cooldown.

Reminder from Forum rules:

This forum is a means for the Pavonis team and players to communicate with each other. Healthy debate, feedback and critique is welcome, but it is not a free-for-all. Toxic and bigoted posters will be banned, potentially without warning.