How do you know when your campaign is done?

UraniumOverdose

How do you know when your campaign is done?

Post by UraniumOverdose »

So far I have 8 regions contacted, and 1 liberated. I just finished advanced mag tech and have plate armor.
I have three low level psi soldiers trained up. I also have enough mag or laser weapons to equip about 15 to 20 total guys.

I am in October

Avatar progress bar is about 60% full, but I have the blacksite open and I can assault it at any time if it goes to doom. I skulljacked an officer and killed the codex. I have not done encryption research yet.

I feel I have made some progress, but lately the missions have been extremely tough. I am talking light rated missions fielding multiple mecs and mutons. I have had to bail out of the last 3 infiltration missions because they got out of hand. I do have successes still.

Three regions are level 8 or 9 strength and I put them all on hiding. Every other region is at level 3 to 5 strength.

Is this campaign salvageable or am I just backed into a corner?
Valaska

Re: How do you know when your campaign is done?

Post by Valaska »

Rush to Coil weapons. That would be Elerium, if you can afford that and to produce about 8+ coil weapons you could pull out. Armor might be a big factor, if you don't have some good plating and a few pieces of predator armor then you will have a higher casualty rate than what would be normal. However, that can be fine so long as you have enough of an income to replace losses with high aim recruits.

High aim recruits are vital to late campaigns with high mortality, and is the most important stat when you have a death spiral. Rangers, rangers, rangers. Rangers allow you to push multiple shots, train high aim recruits as rangers to increase the chances to hit with your coil guns. Be sure to always recover soldiers who are dead to bring the coilgun back.

Medics. Medics are super important, some people say they aren't but they really, really are. Get and protect a couple. You might be able to pull through on this, so long as you are killing the a-lines well enough atm and increase that killing ability.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Sounds like you've been stalling pretty hard - unless you're on Rookie.

I'd hit that blacksite ASAP and get the story ball rolling again. If you can, hit as many supply raids and troop movements (esp. in the 3-5 regions) as possible to bring in the resources you need to arm up.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Arcalane wrote:Sounds like you've been stalling pretty hard - unless you're on Rookie.

I'd hit that blacksite ASAP and get the story ball rolling again. If you can, hit as many supply raids and troop movements (esp. in the 3-5 regions) as possible to bring in the resources you need to arm up.
Also the added benefit of reducing global strength.