How to disable Not Created Equally before Gatecrasher

MortuusSum

How to disable Not Created Equally before Gatecrasher

Post by MortuusSum »

Like it says on the tin. How does one disable NCE before doing Gatecrasher, so that one's starting troops are, in fact, created equally?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: How to disable Not Created Equally before Gatecrasher

Post by johnnylump »

You do it on the first turn of Gatecrasher before anything happens.
MortuusSum

Post by MortuusSum »

Oh, OK. Guess I probably could've figured that out myself. Sorry for the bother.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

I don't think it has the same neat info menu the standalone Toolbox had, but yes, according to that it is 100% retroactive (and I think it assigns it in such a way that constant enable-disable of NCE will not create new random stats for any individual).
dodger

Post by dodger »

moroniccinamun wrote: I think it assigns it in such a way that constant enable-disable of NCE will not create new random stats for any individual.
Yes, tested this myself. No 'rerolls' for disabling/re-enabling.
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

Ah. That's good to know. Does that mean we can start Gatecrasher, turn off NCE before it rolls stats, then get into the geoscape so can can save before rolling up stats? Cause that would save a hell of a lot of time.

It's a bit cheesy of me, but I am very finicky about my campaign starts. I demand no power coil on the 3rd row down, left side (next to Tygan), and I want good starting stats for two particular character pool soldiers (who've been in every single campaign I've played). I will actually restart a campaign that doesn't fit these criteria, although literally anything else is fair game.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Thrair wrote:Ah. That's good to know. Does that mean we can start Gatecrasher, turn off NCE before it rolls stats, then get into the geoscape so can can save before rolling up stats? Cause that would save a hell of a lot of time.
Apparently so. I played with it a bit when starting my LW2 campaign, but ultimately decided to leave NCE on (despite ALL my starting troops having a max of 61 Aim >:( ).
It's a bit cheesy of me, but I am very finicky about my campaign starts. I demand no power coil on the 3rd row down, left side (next to Tygan), and I want good starting stats for two particular character pool soldiers (who've been in every single campaign I've played). I will actually restart a campaign that doesn't fit these criteria, although literally anything else is fair game.
If you really want to get the room layout in the Avenger just so, then the mod "Commander's OCD" is for you. It allows setting the location of the initial empty space and the power coils.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =676982856

I haven't gotten picky about the power coils, perhaps because I haven't pushed a campaign far enough. Apparently you want to save the 2 power coils for upgraded Psi Lab and Shadow Chamber as that's best for net power.

But I definitely want the initial empty space to be the top row left or right for the Guerrilla Tactics School, because I eventually want the 2nd row centre for the Workshop to maximize its utility. The GTS don't need no Engineer, so I don't want it in the top row centre.

BTW, is one of the changes in LW2 that the Advance Warfare Centre now uses a Scientist to improve wounded recovery rates rather than the Engineer in stock XCOM 2?
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

Yeah. AWC is staffed by a Scientist in Long War 2. Kinda makes more sense, if ya ask me. Also good for early game, where scientists are less critical than engineers.

As an aside, I don't care as much about the location of the coils for their own sake. It's actually even more OCD than that. I like putting my single Lab building next to Tygan for aesthetic reasons, and don't want to WASTE a Power Coil on a 3 power building. :P
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Thrair wrote:Yeah. AWC is staffed by a Scientist in Long War 2. Kinda makes more sense, if ya ask me. Also good for early game, where scientists are less critical than engineers.
The Psi Lab in LW2 is now also staffed with a Scientist rather than an Engineer too.

The Engineer staffed rooms are now the Workshop (produces 1 power instead of needing it), the Proving Ground, Resistance Comms, Defense Matrix, and Power Relays. That means all including the first Power Relay can fit in the 4 slots around the Workshop. Every other room either needs no staff (GTS and Shadow Chamber) or Scientists (AWC, Psi Lab, Lab).
Thrair wrote:As an aside, I don't care as much about the location of the coils for their own sake. It's actually even more OCD than that. I like putting my single Lab building next to Tygan for aesthetic reasons, and don't want to WASTE a Power Coil on a 3 power building. :P
Which room is that, left end 3rd row or left end 4th row?

BTW, I discovered that the layout of the Avenger appears to be set and Commander's OCD changes it when the initial Gatecrasher mission exits back to the Avenger. If you save the game at the Avenger screen without doing anything else, Commander's OCD added in then and reloading the game also changes the Avenger. Although the text under the mod implies it can change the Avenger later in the game, I found it didn't once anything was done on the Avenger screen.

Reading here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =845932067

it appears a fully upgraded Laboratory (with 3 upgrades @50 supplies each, needs 2 more power) will now draw 9 power. If they're the same as in stock XCOM 2, the upgraded Psi Lab draws 10 and the upgraded Shadow Chamber draws 9. A Power Relay on a Power Coil gets 7 extra power, but another room on a Power Coil gets all the power it needs. You definitely want the Psi Lab on a Power Coil. You likely will want the Lab on one too as it's likely to be the first room to draw more than 7 as it's easy to max upgrade it soon.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Jacke wrote: it appears a fully upgraded Laboratory (with 3 upgrades @50 supplies each, needs 2 more power) will now draw 9 power. If they're the same as in stock XCOM 2, the upgraded Psi Lab draws 10 and the upgraded Shadow Chamber draws 9. A Power Relay on a Power Coil gets 7 extra power, but another room on a Power Coil gets all the power it needs. You definitely want the Psi Lab on a Power Coil. You likely will want the Lab on one too as it's likely to be the first room to draw more than 7 as it's easy to max upgrade it soon.
I've dug through LW2's config files and discovered that the power consumptions have changed.

In LW2 a fully upgraded Psi Lab only consumes 5 power. The fully upgraded Lab draws 9 power and a fully upgraded Shadow Chamber draws 14 power, so it's the Lab and the Shadow Chamber you want to be on top of Power Coils.