Advent invasion of liberated area bug?

UraniumOverdose

Advent invasion of liberated area bug?

Post by UraniumOverdose »

I was wondering if this was a bug, but during the aliens turn they seem to have no limit on how many rebels they can attack.

Normally I thought they were limited to one kill per turn, but they are doing several. The rebels are on the other side of the map and I have no way to get to them. I saved one guy so far and I feel by the time I can get in a position to save the rest, they will already be dead.

Any tips? This mission is doable with my squad, but if the game just decides that I lose rebels that feels a bit forced and unfair. If the rebel AI was better than just "duck right in front of the aliens and do nothing" then perhaps it would be fine, but this is ridiculous.

If this turns out to be a bug, then ill do a proper bug report, but knowing long war this is probably intended behavior. Hopefully I can edit an INI file to change it back to the standard 1 per turn.
Manifest

Re: Advent invasion of liberated area bug?

Post by Manifest »

Also when I did my mission there were several citizens I could walk up to, and they'd walk over and disappear like in Vanilla retaliations, O couldn't control them. These citizens would NOT be counted as "saved". I'm guessing these are normal citizens and not haven citizens, since there seemed to be more civilians than I had haven civilians. But almost all the haven rebels spawned on the opposing side of the map, and all the "Regular" Civvies were mostly on mine.

Why are these regular civvies even on the mission? The AI never targets them, and unless you memorize the names of all your haven rebels you'll make moves to rescue them when they aren't even objectives or in danger.
UraniumOverdose

Re: Advent invasion of liberated area bug?

Post by UraniumOverdose »

Yeah I reloaded my save and had it load a fresh level and my starting position wasn't near as craptastic.

I realized this time there are tons of miscellaneous civies on the map. I was about to rescue 6 of 9 rebels and I lost my spark and my assault. Mission is doable but it relies heavily on RNG from map generation to the enemies spawned. I wish I knew how to edit INI files better because I would tone down this mission just a tad. I would probably just increase the rounds before reinforcements arrive by 1.