Had to restart...Glad I did.

UraniumOverdose

Had to restart...Glad I did.

Post by UraniumOverdose »

So my last campaign got overwhelmed by tactical dark events to the point the average ADVENT recruit had better stats that my guys... Time to hang it up.

So I restarted and this time decided to try something different. I build the GTS per usual, and went ahead and bought both the engineer and scientist. Now I was able to quickly excavate and then I spent the rest of my supplies on the AWC. So now they will finish within days of each other. I also got lucky with some black market rush researches, and spent about 40 intel. So now my extra scientist is helping pump out research like nobodies business. First two missions were flawless infiltrations, and now I am cranking out GTS trained rookies. So far this restart has put me in a far better position than last game. I hope the momentum keeps up.

I will say that I don't mind permanent dark events, I just wish you could find a mission to counter them after they are activated instead of hoping you can stop them before they start.
foreverdead

Re: Had to restart...Glad I did.

Post by foreverdead »

Got to say I would love a "Raid the supply or factory facility producing venoms rounds" type mission and other some such.
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

foreverdead wrote:Got to say I would love a "Raid the supply or factory facility producing venoms rounds" type mission and other some such.
That sounds like a marvelous idea. Go through yet another mission, with extra beefy opposition, to perhaps gain knowledge of proving grounds objects and bypassing the research otherwise needed. Perhaps a mission or two that yields information, boosting your next research project.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

All the dark events involve a mission that can be countered. You have to detect them, though. And some of them aren't in a region you've contacted when the research starts.
UraniumOverdose

I am aware that you can counter them before they are enacted, but it would be nice to have a small chance to find a mission to counter them afterward too. As it stands, ADVENT can snowball out of control depending on RNG. That's all I am saying. Perhaps capturing a regional HQ could also counter any dark events that were created in that region? It would give extra incentive to take on those hard liberation missions. Losing a soldier or two might be worth countering the "stun lancers get lightning reflexes...ugh" or the like.
UraniumOverdose

I do want to say, I love the mod. So these are just ideas.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Wait, do their Hp just keep getting higher and higher? Offs this is exactly the issue I had in LW2 with the game rushing you instead of actually being a LONG WAR. Anyway to INI this crud out?
UraniumOverdose

Yeah, I quit when the average ADVENT grunt had something like 15 HP. The commanders would have 19.
Muton elites showed up with 25 HP, Armor, and a personal shield. My guys still had predator armor.
I may have gotten screwed early on by not having enough scientists or resources to get research done faster.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Is there a way to introduce a cap?