[SUGGESTION] Improve the difficulty of DLC missions

Nider001

[SUGGESTION] Improve the difficulty of DLC missions

Post by Nider001 »

Both Alien Hunters as well as SLG missions have been delayed in the recent update. The main issue that occurred after 1.1 is dramatically reduced difficulty that is no longer enough to provide any reasonable challenge even against sub-optimally equipped squads. Therefore I would like to suggest the following changes in order to make these missions more fitting for their new spawn timings

1. Derelict MEC and Turret (SLG):
- Increase base HP by 2
- Increase base damage by 2
- Increase damage spread to 1 (2-3 -> 3-6 / 3-4 -> 4-7 for main weapons in total)
- Adjust crit chance and damage to be in line with regular enemies
- If defense is negative on any difficulty level, increase it to 0

2. Sectopod (SLG):
- Increase base armor by 1
- Increase base damage by 2
- Increase damage spread to 1 (3-4 -> 4-7 in total)

These changes should make Lost Towers units both tanky enough to survive against mid-game weapons and stronger against tier 2 armor. (Poor aim would still prevent soldiers from taking too much damage)

3. Viper Neonate (AH)
- Increase base HP by 3
- Adjust weapon stats to be the same as for Viper King's one (4-6 damage, 1 pierce, etc. in vanilla)
- If defense is negative on any difficulty level, increase it to 0 (except for Rookie potentially)

These changes share the same explanation as previous buffs, but consider additional self-explanatory factors such as large numbers of Vipers on a mission as well as even higher Force Level requirement for appearance
Manifest

Re: [SUGGESTION] Improve the difficulty of DLC missions

Post by Manifest »

Nider001 wrote:Both Alien Hunters as well as SLG missions have been delayed in the recent update. The main issue that occurred after 1.1 is dramatically reduced difficulty that is no longer enough to provide any reasonable challenge even against sub-optimally equipped squads.

I feel like you should still balance these missions for base equipment squads, and just make them earlier again.
LegoMaster

Post by LegoMaster »

Personally, I just want them to removed. Once you have done them they are SUPER repetitive and relatively long. I wish there was a mod for it, like skipping Gate Crasher on new campaigns.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

LegoMaster wrote:Personally, I just want them to removed. Once you have done them they are SUPER repetitive and relatively long. I wish there was a mod for it, like skipping Gate Crasher on new campaigns.
If you play with the DLC installed, you can uncheck a checkbox when you start the campaign to have the items (Spark, Hunter equipment) but skip the missions.
LegoMaster

Post by LegoMaster »

JackDT wrote:
LegoMaster wrote:Personally, I just want them to removed. Once you have done them they are SUPER repetitive and relatively long. I wish there was a mod for it, like skipping Gate Crasher on new campaigns.
If you play with the DLC installed, you can uncheck a checkbox when you start the campaign to have the items (Spark, Hunter equipment) but skip the missions.

WAIT- You STILL get the stuff if you uncheck the DLC??

Do the Ruler Leaders still appear? I do like the randomness of them being a mission. It's the Spark/Cave mission I hate doing.
Garthor

Post by Garthor »

Yes. The checkbox is not "disable DLC", it's "disable DLC story missions".
LegoMaster

Post by LegoMaster »

Garthor wrote:Yes. The checkbox is not "disable DLC", it's "disable DLC story missions".
do you still get rulers?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

LegoMaster wrote:
Garthor wrote:Yes. The checkbox is not "disable DLC", it's "disable DLC story missions".
do you still get rulers?
Yes you do
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

Note that that means Rulers can surprise you in missions.
Nider001

Post by Nider001 »

Manifest wrote:I feel like you should still balance these missions for base equipment squads, and just make them earlier again.
I think that DLC missions are in good places that fix several balance issues (such as SPARKS being OP early on as well as Rulers being too strong for conventional gear troops to handle) now. The power of mission enemies in the other hand is much lower then it should be and must be looked at
seether28

Post by seether28 »

Manifest wrote: I feel like you should still balance these missions for base equipment squads, and just make them earlier again.
Long War Patch 1.2 notes (unreleased) wrote: - Lost Towers and Alien Nest should pop earlier now (available when you get a POI after ~75-80 days)
Is that early enough?