Question: Assigning Intel on liberated regions

dimvision

Question: Assigning Intel on liberated regions

Post by dimvision »

Is there any point gathering intel in liberated regions?
ChocolateTower

Re: Question: Assigning Intel on liberated regions

Post by ChocolateTower »

One of the testers explained recently (today, maybe?) that invasion missions can occur in your liberated regions if a neighboring region has a strength of at least 8. Putting people on intel in the liberated region gives you a chance to detect a "destroy the relay" mission that will prevent the invasion mission from happening if you succeed at it. I hear the invasion missions are miserable, so avoiding them is highly desirable.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

ChocolateTower wrote:One of the testers explained recently (today, maybe?) that invasion missions can occur in your liberated regions if a neighboring region has a strength of at least 8. Putting people on intel in the liberated region gives you a chance to detect a "destroy the relay" mission that will prevent the invasion mission from happening if you succeed at it. I hear the invasion missions are miserable, so avoiding them is highly desirable.
Woah that sounds great. The thing is, when I liberated my region, the forces got pushed out to a neighboring region so it started at like 11 already.

Whatever that's a cool bit of info. Though I feel like invasions could use some work on civilian placement. I feel like too many rebels are placed with the enemy as a result of the redundant city civilians.
code99

Post by code99 »

ChocolateTower wrote:One of the testers explained recently (today, maybe?) that invasion missions can occur in your liberated regions if a neighboring region has a strength of at least 8. Putting people on intel in the liberated region gives you a chance to detect a "destroy the relay" mission that will prevent the invasion mission from happening if you succeed at it. I hear the invasion missions are miserable, so avoiding them is highly desirable.
Oh god wish i knew this sooner!!!
Sines

Post by Sines »

Manifest wrote:Woah that sounds great. The thing is, when I liberated my region, the forces got pushed out to a neighboring region so it started at like 11 already.
Liberations don't kill all the ADVENT Strength in an area, just relocates them? Makes Liberation a little less rewarding then, I thought part of the benefit was that you made a massive hit to ADVENT global strength.

Not that I don't appreciate the numerous supplies from my liberated regions, and the many corpses from the HQ mission, but that means that ADVENT re-taking the area is a lot easier for them, since the 5+ strength that was in the region would have just moved over to the nearby one, possibly putting it at 8 power immediately.