Trap Missions

Sines

Trap Missions

Post by Sines »

So, when can Trap missions occur, and what tips you off to them? I got a Dark Event Counter mission, baseline light activity, with 13 days. This is on a Strength 5 area (for which I've unlocked the Network Tower mission). It just seems a bit too good to be true. Now, I am running a lot of intel on that area, so getting a mission early isn't too surprising. And 'Light' activity is probably in the ballpark of difficulty for that region. Still, nothing gets my attention like a Dark Event counter, and getting enemy forces down to Extremely Light with a 6 man party (and time to spare) just seems suspicious.

Does Evac still have the same usual response time on Trap missions? I could infiltrate up to 200% for 1-turn evacs.
Jesterofgames7732

Re: Trap Missions

Post by Jesterofgames7732 »

From what i've heard From JolNrbs there is a special kind of neutralize the objective mission where there are multiple faceless deployed
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

I believe Dark Event missions have artificlally extended timers so that you have much more time to detect and intercept -- because the tactical ones are permanent.

In that case, it's probably not a trap.
Sines

Post by Sines »

Arcalane wrote:I believe Dark Event missions have artificlally extended timers so that you have much more time to detect and intercept -- because the tactical ones are permanent.

In that case, it's probably not a trap.
That makes sense. Given that I have 12 rebels doing intel, with the help of a comms tower, makes that even more likely.
Sines

Post by Sines »

Welp, turned out not to be a trap mission! Unfortunately, I missed an 87% shot to kill a MEC, who bombed my Technical for max damage, destroyed his cover, and allowed a 35% shot to finish him off. Apart from that, not a scratch on me :D