How to get more control of the time scanning?

Rempsv

How to get more control of the time scanning?

Post by Rempsv »

Just my recent campaign i had a mission to counter a permanent dark event(to bad there is no other way to deal with them). i only had 12 hrs left.
But it started at extremely light so i figured with a squad of 8 and spending some intel i might have a chance (after all its the only 1 i get silly enough).
The problem was i just entered a new region and i had not enough intel left.
However there was a mission which would have given me enough, but it was not doable to strong still for the squad i sent over.
But with those 12 hrs extra it just might be.
So the first time i pressed the button it stopped after 7 hrs, i believe a soldier was done training AWC.
The mission was maybe doable then(light moderate at the time)
Mind you the mission was important aswell(another chance to disable a temporary dark event).
I was kinda hoping that another 4 hrs would maybe brought it back to "light" at which point it was very doable for the squad.
So i was watching the time go by minute by minute, it was taking forever.
I thought just press time scanning twice very fast, but apparently i was to slow and the 5 hrs were gone just like that.
Which brings me to my points.

1 Is there a way to speed time up by an specific amount of hrs(after all a few hrs more can make some missions doable or not)
2 Why isnt it possible from the moment you get the go/abort briefing, to do a different mission first?
In this case i would have been able to do the other mission first and with that intel reward make this 1 maybe possible.

I entered anyway(suicide i know, it was very hard, but it was the only chance i got to counter a permanent dark event) hoping for a miracle. But a faceless(didnt even know they could be on any missions without any dark event) made me reveal the first turn, and my entire squad was murdered in the following turns.
Last edited by Rempsv on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manifest

Re: How to get more control of the time scanning?

Post by Manifest »

So, in short, instead of only having the option to proceed or abort, you think there could be a third option: proceed with another mission first.

Makes sense to me, if it is exploitable for extra delay, add some limitations, but otherwise seems reasonable.

Alternatively we could have finer control of the time.