[weapon suggestions] just random suggestions

warbrand2

[weapon suggestions] just random suggestions

Post by warbrand2 »

I love xcom2 long war, and I tend to download a lot of weapon mods though generally they tend to be lacking in balance. yeah I know this isn't the best place to suggest these but I miss the options in long war one for a heavyer rifle so here some random ideas.

Right now your weapons are actually pretty limiting. even if you look at the tiers in the long run, you have what 3 weapon choices for most soldiers and on them your only way to key them to your roles is with the mod slots, not counting the fact that a suppressor is almost required for most weapons.

STANDARD WEAPONS

DMR (sharpshooter only)
info: a lighter rifle for the sharpshooters. the DMR is a mid/long range weapon that is useful for snap shot snipers.
ammo: 4
damage: 3-6
range: 18 optimal 24 max. (think 24 is snap shot max range)
movement: +2 (lighter weapon)

BATTLE RIFLE
info: a higher caliber burst rifle, built for accurate shots. its stats are pretty much equal to that of the assault rifle with some minor changes.
ammo: 2
damage: same
AIM bonus: +10 aim on standard shots, +5 on overwatch shots.
pierce: +1

MACHINE PISTOL
info: low range secondary pistol firing doesn't cost an action and has a high graze chance.
damage: 1-2
range max: 8

ALTERNATE WEAPONS
info: alternate weapons are specialized weapons with no tech tier. alternate weapons would only be gained via the black market and randomly seen in haven missions.

ANTI MATERIAL RIFLE (sharpshooter only)
info: a 20mm long rifle, designed to take out armored targets and remote detonate explosives.
ammo: one
damage: 7-11
special: cover buster; take a shot at a target which does minimal damage but destroys cover. (crits detonate any explosives on target)
shredd: 2
note: limited weapon, must be bought via black market.

FLAMER (cannon users only)
info: a portable flamethrower with loadable gas chamber. (based on flamer mod).
ammo: 3
range: 7 with a 3 cone
damage: 1-2
burn: 60% chance
down side: can not overwatch with out pistol.
note: limited weapon, must be bought via black market

ADVENT RIFLE
info: a jury rigged advent magnetic rifle, counts as a magnetic rifle with a scope, laser sight, stock, and suppressor. yeah that is it. just a special weapon which has 4 instead of 3 mods.
note: limited weapon, must be bought via black market.

OICW
info: a special ballistic SMG with a built in 5 shot micro grenade launcher. (stats are laser tier)
ammo: 2
damage:4-6
special:micro grenade: single action grenade launch, grenades do 1-3 damage and have a small 1.5 blast range, their main use is shredding armor.

OLD WAR plasma rifle
info: a alien plasma rifle from the old war.
stats: same as plasma tier
special: piercing beam, shots with this weapon hit all targets in a line.

EDIT ONE NOTE: split weapon ideas between standard and alternate, added machine pistol and advent rifle
EDIT TWO NOTE: added two more alternate weapon ideas.
Last edited by warbrand2 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cmdrspyker92

Re: [weapon suggestions] just random suggestions

Post by cmdrspyker92 »

I miss the battle rifle from LW1.
warbrand2

Post by warbrand2 »

cmdrspyker92 wrote:I miss the battle rifle from LW1.
so do I, I feel like xcom as a hole is lacking in the loadout department. sure we got a lot of grenades, vests, and ammo. but most feel like they are just minor buff swaps. Sure we have ways to augment the base guns but no ways to augment them to specific range and tactics.... if that makes any sense.
warbrand2

Post by warbrand2 »

bumping