Corpse Drops and drop rate

Balor

Corpse Drops and drop rate

Post by Balor »

I wanted to double check a few things and make for sure I did not mess up my game with A Better ADVENT: Long War mod.

First off is there a trick or tactic to get more corpses to drop from missions or is the 100% RNG?

I have only had two Advent Stun Lancer Corpse so far and I really need to be making some better swords.

I plan on running the next mission and then rerunning it with the A Better ADVENT: Long War mod turned off to see if that is messing it up.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Corpse Drops and drop rate

Post by johnnylump »

You get corpses from winning certain types of missions; that's it.
azarga

Post by azarga »

OP, try using mod "Extract Corpses" by Maluco Marinero.

It does what it's called - allows you to carry enemy corpses to the evac same way you can carry xcom corpses.

Reasoning behind LW2's no corpse extraction was something about blah-blah rapid retreat, but if you can get your soldiers to take those dead advent troops to the evac, I think it is only fair to allow you get corpses that way.

Though personally I edited out all the heavier corpses from the mod's .ini, like Mutons, Andromedons etc, and left only about human-sized corpses allowed to be carried.

Feels good.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

You get corpses when you win a mission that has "murder everything" as a goal.

You do not get corpses when you win a mission by evac'ing.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

Balor wrote:I wanted to double check a few things and make for sure I did not mess up my game with A Better ADVENT: Long War mod.

First off is there a trick or tactic to get more corpses to drop from missions or is the 100% RNG?

I have only had two Advent Stun Lancer Corpse so far and I really need to be making some better swords.

I plan on running the next mission and then rerunning it with the A Better ADVENT: Long War mod turned off to see if that is messing it up.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great.
Missions which have the reward "enemy material" (as well as some haven defense missions*) will drop corpses. The rational is twofold

1) To not prioritize strategy that forces loot and corpse drops: On many missions you're going to be time constrained in various ways. By not giving players too much of an advantage from getting loot drops(I.E. only the loot if they can pick it up and not the corpse as well) they won't feel constrained into playing around them.

2) To continue the feel of the resistance so that you're not grabbing bodies when you have to bail out fast.

The game is balanced around the players only getting bodies sporadically and not having tonnes of resources as a result. But make sure to take note when those ideal missions come up, because you're going to want them

*I know you don't on "protect the uplink" and do on "find an infiltrator" and "retaliation" but not sure on others.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

johnnylump wrote:You get corpses from winning certain types of missions; that's it.
Goumindong wrote:To continue the feel of the resistance so that you're not grabbing bodies when you have to bail out fast
This makes a lot of sense, much more than all the kill everyone missions in vanilla XCom2, however i have to join the OP in that Stun Lancers appear particularly rare on those missions where you can recover corpses. This is probably due to all the added variants of Advent Soldiers counting as troopers. So far i have a stock of 61 trooper corpses and probably sold a good 40 more. I've plenty of vipers and mutons but i only managed to build 2 Arc blades because of a lack of Stun Lancer corpses and i never sold a single one. I actually have as many berserker corpses (3) than i ever had stun lancers.

That particular enemy is very uncommon on Recover materiel missions while the Shinobi is a must in many squads. I have a shortage of good blades for my ninjas :(
Balor

Post by Balor »

Well I feel better now knowing that evac missions do not yield any corpses. I do mostly get those missions at this point.

One more thing do attacks that would normally destroy loot also remove the chance of the corpse to drop?

Also thanks for all the feedback.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

Balor wrote:Well I feel better now knowing that evac missions do not yield any corpses. I do mostly get those missions at this point.

One more thing do attacks that would normally destroy loot also remove the chance of the corpse to drop?

Also thanks for all the feedback.
It appears so yes. So focus heavily on cover clearing so that you can kill with weapon attacks or make sure to have a stack of needle grenaders.

Note that dying from a flame thrower does not drop a corpse. Buy dying from the burning effect after does
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

LordYanaek wrote:
johnnylump wrote:You get corpses from winning certain types of missions; that's it.
Goumindong wrote:To continue the feel of the resistance so that you're not grabbing bodies when you have to bail out fast
This makes a lot of sense, much more than all the kill everyone missions in vanilla XCom2, however i have to join the OP in that Stun Lancers appear particularly rare on those missions where you can recover corpses. This is probably due to all the added variants of Advent Soldiers counting as troopers. So far i have a stock of 61 trooper corpses and probably sold a good 40 more. I've plenty of vipers and mutons but i only managed to build 2 Arc blades because of a lack of Stun Lancer corpses and i never sold a single one. I actually have as many berserker corpses (3) than i ever had stun lancers.

That particular enemy is very uncommon on Recover materiel missions while the Shinobi is a must in many squads. I have a shortage of good blades for my ninjas :(
Yeah I just had an ironman run, which went afoul because I kiiiind of ignored avatar (I hate being rushed but otherwise was doing good :/) but I was a year into play a few months with a lot of the heaviest hitting gear beginning to be outfitted across multiple squads and I only ever retrieved ONE stun lancer in my entire time of play lol.

They are almost never in enemy materials missions, and it seems that when they are, they are the elite stunlancer... And I think that they drop just normal trooper corpses.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Valaska wrote:
They are almost never in enemy materials missions, and it seems that when they are, they are the elite stunlancer... And I think that they drop just normal trooper corpses.
Is that a bug? Seems like a really weird design choice if it's not.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

GavinRuneblade wrote:
Valaska wrote:
I would think so... I know I've killed quite a few elite stunlancers during that campaign, which is stuck literally 1 hour away from failing lol... I didn't realize you had to spend 15 days infiltrating the facilities so I am literally 1 hour on geoscape from saving my campaigns ass and failing, or I'd go and check in a tower mission for you :x
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Valaska wrote:
GavinRuneblade wrote:
Valaska wrote:
I would think so... I know I've killed quite a few elite stunlancers during that campaign, which is stuck literally 1 hour away from failing lol... I didn't realize you had to spend 15 days infiltrating the facilities so I am literally 1 hour on geoscape from saving my campaigns ass and failing, or I'd go and check in a tower mission for you :x
crossing fingers, toes, and eyes for ya!