What does the AWC fix listed in the 1.2 patchnotes mean?

nmkaplan

What does the AWC fix listed in the 1.2 patchnotes mean?

Post by nmkaplan »

I'm curious about this:

"- AWC cross-training restrictions reconfigured to exclusively use perk triggers (rather than currently bugged class restrictions). Should see a lot more options open up for training."

I'm excited that there will be a lot more options, as I've been a little sad that the same perks seem to appear (at least at the first tier) over and over (deadshot, infighter, biggest booms, damn good ground and lone wolf seem to be the most likely).

I'm curious exactly what the quoted line means. What are "perk triggers"? And what is wrong with the current functionality?
Arcalane

Re: What does the AWC fix listed in the 1.2 patchnotes mean?

Post by Arcalane »

Someone identified a bug where excluding perks from the AWC based on class excluded them from all classes, not just the specified class.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

So if ranger can't get perk X then no one can?
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

GavinRuneblade wrote:So if ranger can't get perk X then no one can?
Exactly.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

cerebrawl wrote:
GavinRuneblade wrote:So if ranger can't get perk X then no one can?
Exactly.
Thanks to you and arcanalane both. I was confused by this too.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Long and short is a number of abilities intended to show up in the AWC aren't.

More details, including copy/paste config file fix in this thread: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=23895

Fix isn't retroactive to existing soldiers.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

dodger wrote:...

Thanks for the link, and the posted fix. Can you clarify the fix not being retroactive though? Does that mean any soldier, even rookies, already in the armory will NOT be impacted by changing this, even with no AWC yet built? Or if AWC not yet built, changes can apply? I had just started a new campaign, but not yet up to AWC. Wondering if I should change this and start again, or simply put the fix in and I'm good?

Thanks
dodger

Post by dodger »

Gilbert wrote:
dodger wrote:...

Thanks for the link, and the posted fix. Can you clarify the fix not being retroactive though? Does that mean any soldier, even rookies, already in the armory will NOT be impacted by changing this, even with no AWC yet built? Or if AWC not yet built, changes can apply? I had just started a new campaign, but not yet up to AWC. Wondering if I should change this and start again, or simply put the fix in and I'm good?

Thanks
Sorry, I'm not entirely sure of which is the exact moment a soldier's AWC tree is fixed.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

This is great information, thanks!

I do have something to add to the discussion... if your campaign is early on, I believe I read somewhere else on this forum that there is a console command that rerolls all AWC perks for all soldiers.

EDIT: Found it. It's in this thread: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... oll#p29655

The command is LWForceAWCRerolls and it will un-train all trained AWC perks and reroll for all soldiers.