HIDING WTF

Jackal

HIDING WTF

Post by Jackal »

Why won't the DEVS (who are awesome, and loved by me ... and my wife since she now has complete control of the living room tv) help us out at all with this hiding thing??????

i mean, why is hiding even an option... what does it do, is there any measure anyway..

and what is the deal with dark events they are everywhere since the update !??!
code99

Re: HIDING WTF

Post by code99 »

Next time PLEASE use the search function. Both of your questions have been explained before.

A quote from daeconivory on hiding

1) Hiding is a key tactic in mid/late game regions where you've not liberated yet and Advent is really strong. You put your rebels on hiding and it drops the advent missions in that region to almost nothing. The occasional hiding rebel can be all that you need to prevent a massive Advent retaliation.

2) If you've had an unsuccessful retaliation and are down to only a couple of rebels in a haven put 1 on recruiting and the rest of the survivors on hiding. You can rebuild without as much danger of another retaliation taking even more rebels.

3) A great strategy is to "Get Advents Attention" to a region and then immediately put everyone in that region on hiding, you've reduced the strength of the neighboring region (super helpful if you are preparing an Tower or HQ assault), and are less likely to lose your rebels to an Advent attack.

4) Putting rebels in outlying regions on hiding will allow you to focus your energy on your core regions without fear that you'll be stretched thin trying to keep a handle on Advent in every region. You can get to them later. Mixing in supplies/intel here and there will keep a trickle of resources coming in.

5) Finally, it is really helpful in core regions when you are attempting to reach the Blacksite but don't want to put up radios in every region, you can chain together regions that are mostly hiding and not have to worry too much about Advent force levels pulling your forces away from the Golden Path missions.

As for dark events, welcome to LW2? There is a big ass post right here on the first page talking about it! SEARCH!
Jackal

Re: HIDING WTF

Post by Jackal »

code99 wrote:Next time PLEASE use the search function. Both of your questions have been explained before.

A quote from daeconivory on hiding

1) Hiding is a key tactic in mid/late game regions where you've not liberated yet and Advent is really strong. You put your rebels on hiding and it drops the advent missions in that region to almost nothing. The occasional hiding rebel can be all that you need to prevent a massive Advent retaliation.

2) If you've had an unsuccessful retaliation and are down to only a couple of rebels in a haven put 1 on recruiting and the rest of the survivors on hiding. You can rebuild without as much danger of another retaliation taking even more rebels.

3) A great strategy is to "Get Advents Attention" to a region and then immediately put everyone in that region on hiding, you've reduced the strength of the neighboring region (super helpful if you are preparing an Tower or HQ assault), and are less likely to lose your rebels to an Advent attack.

4) Putting rebels in outlying regions on hiding will allow you to focus your energy on your core regions without fear that you'll be stretched thin trying to keep a handle on Advent in every region. You can get to them later. Mixing in supplies/intel here and there will keep a trickle of resources coming in.

5) Finally, it is really helpful in core regions when you are attempting to reach the Blacksite but don't want to put up radios in every region, you can chain together regions that are mostly hiding and not have to worry too much about Advent force levels pulling your forces away from the Golden Path missions.

As for dark events, welcome to LW2? There is a big ass post right here on the first page talking about it! SEARCH!

I did a search and found all kinds of information on hiding.. much of it saying that hiding was useless and that is why i was asking for the people who made "hiding" an option to offer some clarification.

As for dark events, I was stating that the level of D.E. has increased dramatically since the update.

anyway, thanks for the reply.