Enemy Reinforments by Void Rift

Jacke

Enemy Reinforments by Void Rift

Post by Jacke »

I was on a "Recover Item from ADVENT Vehicle" mission and had just killed off the last enemy. Or so I'd thought.

Forgot about reinforcements and almost lost it all at the end. But what was really different is that they dropped in by void rift almost right on top of me. A Sectoid, Drone, and 2 ADENT Snipers. Wish I'd been more cautious and had been on overwatch as I'd gotten the package and the Evac was a couple of turns from opening up, so there was no clock to expire.

But a void rift. Huh.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Enemy Reinforments by Void Rift

Post by johnnylump »

That's just the psi gate FX when an alien-led pod reinforces, instead of an all-ADVENT pod. It's not really related to void rift as a gameplay element.
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

johnnylump wrote:That's just the psi gate FX when an alien-led pod reinforces, instead of an all-ADVENT pod. It's not really related to void rift as a gameplay element.
Which also looks fantastic, scared the crap out of me the first time it happened, very well done.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

That's actually vanilla functionality, just didn't get used much if at all.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Daergar wrote:
johnnylump wrote:That's just the psi gate FX when an alien-led pod reinforces, instead of an all-ADVENT pod. It's not really related to void rift as a gameplay element.
Which also looks fantastic, scared the crap out of me the first time it happened, very well done.
Same here. It was a whole lot WTF--ouch! Fortunately the Sectoid wasn't that hard to kill and one of the ADVENT snipers decided hiding behind a fuel tank was a good idea. I demonstrated the errors of his thinking explosively. :)