All ranged weapons (excluding explosives/heavy weapons) deal 1 environmental damage?

mykelsss

All ranged weapons (excluding explosives/heavy weapons) deal 1 environmental damage?

Post by mykelsss »

For example, a sniper rifle used to do:

SniperRifle_Conventional_iEnvironmentDamage = 5
SniperRifle_Magnetic_iEnvironmentDamage = 10
SniperRifle_Beam_iEnvironmentDamage = 10

Now it does:

SniperRifle_Conventional_iEnvironmentDamage = 1
SniperRifle_Magnetic_iEnvironmentDamage = 1
SniperRifle_Beam_iEnvironmentDamage = 1

This is the same for the ranger sword, the shotgun, LMG and assault rifle.

Is destroying enemy cover with your guns (or sword) a thing of the past?
moroniccinamun

Re: All ranged weapons (excluding explosives/heavy weapons) deal 1 environmental damage?

Post by moroniccinamun »

Believe so.

In case you haven't noticed, cover in general is harder to destroy.

Also I'm pretty sure it is doable, just much much harder. I have seen shots do decent damage to terrain, maybe because they were already considerably damaged by previous attacks (it may have been objects I already hit with frags, not too sure at this point).
PerkPrincess

Re: All ranged weapons (excluding explosives/heavy weapons) deal 1 environmental damage?

Post by PerkPrincess »

It seems consistent with the grenade changes.

Basically, less of a chance that your soldier shooting through the floor to get at someone will then CREATE A HOLE IN SAID FLOOR, then FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR, and then KILL THEMSELVES FROM FALL DAMAGE.

Though I still have a grenade throw destroying crates my soldiers are hiding behind, creating a big juicy flank target out of my throwing soldier. Note, the grenade traveling itself destroys the cover.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

PerkPrincess wrote:It seems consistent with the grenade changes.

Basically, less of a chance that your soldier shooting through the floor to get at someone will then CREATE A HOLE IN SAID FLOOR, then FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR, and then KILL THEMSELVES FROM FALL DAMAGE.

Though I still have a grenade throw destroying crates my soldiers are hiding behind, creating a big juicy flank target out of my throwing soldier. Note, the grenade traveling itself destroys the cover.
In my first session of xcom 2 I had to run an overwatch shot. Should be NBD. I have a unit behind a trike which is on fire and I need to move him but he is low HP. So I run it with another unit that is not behind the trike and has full HP.

The shot misses... hits the trike... the trike explodes... my guy continues his path through the fire of the trike explosion and sets himself on fire.

I don't want to go back to the "good old days"
wei270

Post by wei270 »

at least your guy didn't take the explosion damage lol