faceoff shinobi.

UraniumOverdose

faceoff shinobi.

Post by UraniumOverdose »

There is nothing better than sneaking a concealed shinobi up to an unactivated pod and using faceoff with a mag pistol.

That is all.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Re: faceoff shinobi.

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

You mean besides then giving that shinobi an action with command, using reaper, and then wiping out said pod of course.
UraniumOverdose

Post by UraniumOverdose »

My Shinobi is still in cover and isn't risking activating another pod. Melee Shinobi's are probably the weakest class except for the first month or two. All my Shinobis go stealth with gun training.
Poobah

Post by Poobah »

Narcissistic_Martyr wrote:You mean besides then giving that shinobi an action with command, using reaper, and then wiping out said pod of course.
I absolutely adore wiping out pods with reaper, or I did until I regularly encountered mutons who have counter-attack and just rifle-butt smack my elite axe wielding master of melee death.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

UraniumOverdose wrote:My Shinobi is still in cover and isn't risking activating another pod. Melee Shinobi's are probably the weakest class except for the first month or two. All my Shinobis go stealth with gun training.
Pfft tell that to my axe wielding Reaper Shinobi Field Marshal. She has literally killed 30 enemies in a single mission, with warden and tactical vest or chitin plating and the dodge up per person you see, put her with a superior dodge PCS... Holy shit she just... Destroys. She also got rapid deployment and a free smoke grenade in her inventory, so reaper through a few things, throw smoke beside the last reaper target and stab it.

She can literally stand in the open without cover and has survived four pods shooting at her at the same time after she took out two whole pods on her own.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

UraniumOverdose wrote:There is nothing better than sneaking a concealed shinobi up to an unactivated pod and using faceoff with a mag pistol.

That is all.
Sure there is. Replace the mag pistol with a coil pistol, or a plasma pistol. :P
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Arcalane wrote:
UraniumOverdose wrote:There is nothing better than sneaking a concealed shinobi up to an unactivated pod and using faceoff with a mag pistol.

That is all.
Sure there is. Replace the mag pistol with a coil pistol, or a plasma pistol. :P
On a Shinobi with center mass and hunter's instincts.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

cerebrawl wrote:
Arcalane wrote:

That is all.
Center Mass and similar traits are primary only, but good try. ;)
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Arcalane wrote:
cerebrawl wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
I speak from experience when I say those two work with pistols. It's pretty neat when one of my assaults shoot an alien for 5-8 damage with his laser pistol.

Lethal is primary only though.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

Arcalane wrote:
cerebrawl wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
Yea very wrong. If you click the little question mark (assuming you can, i.e. not an AWC perk), it says "primary weapons, pistols, and sawed-offs".

It's waaaaaay better. I often have my Gunners with CM using a pistol too just for giggles.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

cerebrawl wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
cerebrawl wrote: On a Shinobi with center mass and hunter's instincts.
I speak from experience when I say those two work with pistols. It's pretty neat when one of my assaults shoot an alien for 5-8 damage with his laser pistol.

Lethal is primary only though.
Oop, my bad. I don't use pistols too often (my primary Ranger has one but that's it-- most everyone else uses their utility slots for grenades/armour/etc.) rather than having a pistol.

...what about that Sniper one in the middle tree that's +4? That could be terrifying with Fan Fire/Faceoff. :?
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Arcalane wrote:...what about that Sniper one in the middle tree that's +4? That could be terrifying with Fan Fire/Faceoff. :?
I haven't gotten there yet, but it does say primary weapon, so probably just like Lethal, but with double the bonus.