I wanna build a thematic team, how do?

Richard4Pone

I wanna build a thematic team, how do?

Post by Richard4Pone »

I know there's 'a way' to modify soldier's skills, or to modify 'mods' and how they 'affect' those skills... But is there any way I can modify individual soldier's skills and such in Long war?

Just to pre-empt the 'no that's cheating' people, I've already played the hell out of Xcom 2, and I don't want to 'cheat' either way, I just want to control the starting starts of my beginning soldiers so I can build them up on character Themes, without over-powering them to mess up the fun of the game... I just want to balance their beginning stats.

Is there any way to do it? whether a save editing or console command I can use?

I just want to avoid the problem of resetting with 'no all are equal' from second wave to try and get the right characters the balances of skills I want... I mean, I even got one where most of my team was slow as hell, but had 6-7 HP and 3 of them had permanent armor, but the other 2 were 'fast', so I know the ideas i have for the themes are within the limits of 'Not created equally', I just need a way to organize it manually TnT

Also... 'commanders choice' doesn't work XD
Richard4Pone

Re: I wanna build a thematic team, how do?

Post by Richard4Pone »

I'm hoping 'somebody' knows... I mean, there 'has' to be a way, cheat engine sure didn't work, course I couldn't find any explanation for how to make 'that' work either XD
Hidoi

Post by Hidoi »

There's a mod that honors the class you've set in the character pool called "Use My Class".
You can turn off "Not created equally" when you are on the very first mission to remove it.

And there's a bunch of console commands that let's you give your soldiers stats:

SetSoldierStat eStat_Will 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_Mobility 50 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_HP 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_Offense 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_PsiOffense 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_Dodge 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_SightRadius 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_Hacking 10 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_CritChance 33 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_FlankingCritChance 50 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_FlankingAimBonus 15 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_ArmorPiercing 5 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_ArmorMitigation 5 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_UtilityItems 3 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_BackpackSize 4 Prename Name
SetSoldierStat eStat_CombatSims 2 Prename Name

These things combined should let you do what you are looking for.
Richard4Pone

Post by Richard4Pone »

Hidoi wrote:There's a mod that honors the class you've set in the character pool called "Use My Class".
You can turn off "Not created equally" when you are on the very first mission to remove it.
OH hey, Thanks :D I'll have to seek out that mod then >3> does that also cover Psionics?

And I 'liked' not created equally when I was working with the random, And I wanna keep it for the soldiers other than my starting team still, It just doesn't work for the thematic idea I have XD

And I actually found that list, but everytime I tried it, even copy pasting it, it just said 'unrecognized command' or something similar.

It 'might' be me typing the name wrong, since I haven't found anything explaining what it considered 'prename' and 'name' specifically, unless it's literally just 'first name and last name' in which case I had it right and it still said that.

on an unrelated note... is there a way to get my workshop mods to redownload all at once? I had to delete the folder to make room for something important the other day and now it's not reinstalling them unless I resubscribe over and over.
Hidoi

Post by Hidoi »

It 'might' be me typing the name wrong, since I haven't found anything explaining what it considered 'prename' and 'name' specifically, unless it's literally just 'first name and last name' in which case I had it right and it still said that.
It should just be first name (= Prename) and last name (= name). You need to have a space between the first and last name.
There's also this that might help you - http://www.mmo-game.eu/xcom-2-character-cheat/

on an unrelated note... is there a way to get my workshop mods to redownload all at once? I had to delete the folder to make room for something important the other day and now it's not reinstalling them unless I resubscribe over and over.
No, not unless you've made a collection of the mods you are using on steam. If you have them all in a collection there's a "subscribe to all" button which you can use.