Suggestion: Incentive to capture ADVENT VIP

Fictitious1267

Suggestion: Incentive to capture ADVENT VIP

Post by Fictitious1267 »

I've noticed there really isn't any incentive to capture ADVENT VIPs. I've been doing it as an exercise, but I think it would be nice to have some benefit for doing so.

My first thought would be to give an "interrogate prisoner/vip" research project. The rewards could possibly vary between intel, or even a lead on a black site to counter an alien dark event. These kill or capture VIP missions don't occur too often, and they wouldn't always be possible to capture them, so I think a good bonus would add a lot to how the campaign plays out, and how deep the game feels overall.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Incentive to capture ADVENT VIP

Post by johnnylump »

They actually should be granting a second reward if you capture them.
Randal Miser

Post by Randal Miser »

I was under the impression that you didn't get any tangible rewards at all if you killed the VIP.

This one mission I had offered +1 Resistance Contacts and 20 something intel, and I figured I'd try and whack the VIP with a sharpshooter for once.

Did the mission - got nothing.
Krosly

Post by Krosly »

Pretty sure every time I killed them (which is about 3 in total including vanilla game) I didn't get anything.
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

If the kill VIP mission is a Lib3, you still activate Lib4, so it's not totally nothing. But that +1 to contact region limit is super useful though.