Supply convoy in liberated region

thekingsraven

Supply convoy in liberated region

Post by thekingsraven »

I just got the opportunity to ambush a supply convoy in a region I've already liberated. So far it's the only mission I've seen since liberating the region.

My instincts tell me that this is advent gearing up to take the region back, is it? And if so, how long do I have to prepare. I've got a high strength adjacent region that looks like it's where Advent might be papering from and my plan was to liberate that first to prevent a retaliation, assuming it is (there's also two other adjacent regions I haven't contacted yet) how long am I likely to have before it's too late?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Supply convoy in liberated region

Post by johnnylump »

SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE. IT'S THE INVASION.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

johnnylump wrote:SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE. IT'S THE INVASION.
is this a joke, i don't know enough about the game yet.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

No, a supply convoy in a liberated region is your opportunity to prevent the invasion mission, which is rather challenging.
thekingsraven

Post by thekingsraven »

johnnylump wrote:SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE. IT'S THE INVASION.
Yes commander!
Bill

Post by Bill »

Do I need to have people on intel to have this supply raid show up?
Cpt_Chaos

Post by Cpt_Chaos »

Yeah I'm wondering this too. Usually I would set everyone to Supply in liberated regions... that would make me consider this and set some people to intel (which lore-wise makes sense - just because you liberated doesn't mean you can let your guard down)
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

Cpt_Chaos wrote:Yeah I'm wondering this too. Usually I would set everyone to Supply in liberated regions... that would make me consider this and set some people to intel (which lore-wise makes sense - just because you liberated doesn't mean you can let your guard down)
I have 1/13 on intel for that reason, though I doubt it's enough. I just assume it fills up the "intel pool" slowly, which might be enough to detect the supply raid before the invasion. Just a hunch, I want to be surprised. ;)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

johnnylump wrote:No, a supply convoy in a liberated region is your opportunity to prevent the invasion mission, which is rather challenging.
I can confirm this :cry:
I just had a supply convoy in my first liberated region and unfortunately no squads to answer. I thought they were preparing something but didn't think it was my last chance to stop them or i would have recalled my heavy duty squad from their infiltration. I managed to stop the invasion but lost several rebels and most of the squad is now recovering at AWC.
Daergar wrote: I have 1/13 on intel for that reason, though I doubt it's enough. I just assume it fills up the "intel pool" slowly, which might be enough to detect the supply raid before the invasion. Just a hunch, I want to be surprised. ;)
I'd like to know how much i need to be relatively safe. I've put about half of them on intel to avoid further invasions but i really need the supplies.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

yeah, i am very frustrated by having the choices to hide, supply, intel, recruit but having fuck all idea of their measured effects.... i mean, why add the level of micro manage and then not have the results at least semi measurable .... STILL love this mod, probably the best mod ever, and since XCOM has always been my favorite game in all it's iterations (even TFTD) you can imagine my crush on the Pavonis folks... thanks Pavonis!!
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Bring out ALL the big guns in Supply, I absolutely disregard infiltration. Also if you ever see a supply raid in other regions rip them apart... West Europe went from 7 to strength 11!
cmdrspyker92

Post by cmdrspyker92 »

Jackal wrote:yeah, i am very frustrated by having the choices to hide, supply, intel, recruit but having fuck all idea of their measured effects.... i mean, why add the level of micro manage and then not have the results at least semi measurable .... STILL love this mod, probably the best mod ever, and since XCOM has always been my favorite game in all it's iterations (even TFTD) you can imagine my crush on the Pavonis folks... thanks Pavonis!!
I hope this concern gets more vision, I wanna see what my useless rebels are being useful for, and by how much.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Jackal wrote:yeah, i am very frustrated by having the choices to hide, supply, intel, recruit but having fuck all idea of their measured effects.... i mean, why add the level of micro manage and then not have the results at least semi measurable ....
It's another bunch of info we have to soak up, but at some level it's not that complex. You need to set the resistance contacts to a job for a while to see a return. When you change them, they take a day to get into the new job and then they accumulate progress every day.

Set them to hide, they don't attract ADVENT attention. All over 13 always hide, Put more than 4 on jobs and they will eventually draw attention (other topics have talked about it). Supply has them gather supplies for the monthly drop. Intel has them gather intel which you get through the month as well as turn up missions, with more of them finding missions when there's still a lot of expiration time left. Set them to recruit and they'll find more resistance contacts and about a third of the time a new Rookie. Haven advisors help out. Soldiers recruit and help find Faceless spies. Engineers increase supplies by 20%. Scientists increase intel by 20%.