Faceless and Haven. Is it bugged?

Adelthorne

Faceless and Haven. Is it bugged?

Post by Adelthorne »

I assume the haven is bigger then the 13 rebs you can have.
But its still bugs me that I kill faceless after faceless, and still have some provisions stolen each month.
And Im in June, had a faceless mission in the first have severymonth since start of the game, have no new recruits.
How many times do I have to kill them? Several times I have killed 2 of them.
Is this bugged or something?
GavinRuneblade

Re: Faceless and Haven. Is it bugged?

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Adelthorne wrote:I assume the haven is bigger then the 13 rebs you can have.
But its still bugs me that I kill faceless after faceless, and still have some provisions stolen each month.
And Im in June, had a faceless mission in the first have severymonth since start of the game, have no new recruits.
The bold bits are impossible. You started with a max of six people in the haven. If you kill one or two for six months and never recruit more then the haven is empty and only has your advisor.

The way it works is every recruit has a 16% chance to be faceless.
Adelthorne

Post by Adelthorne »

GavinRuneblade wrote:
Adelthorne wrote:I assume the haven is bigger then the 13 rebs you can have.
And Im in June, had a faceless mission in the first have so every month (I corrected my bad Ipad spelling)since start of the game, have no new recruits.
The bold bits are impossible. You started with a max of six people in the haven. If you kill one or two for six months and never recruit more then the haven is empty and only has your advisor.

The way it works is every recruit has a 16% chance to be faceless.
Thats what confuse me, I thought either there is several invisible rebs, and the max 13 is those who can handle guns.
And I thought as you if I kill a faceless, i should show on the roster.

So how does haven works? 13 rebs with guns and several invisible ppl in the haven, or just those you can see?
And If it is those I can see, If I kill a faceless one of them should die on the roster of that haven?

And to answer your question, I have rescued several ppl, got up to 12, But non have died after a faceless meet? So bug then?
I thought you only could get faceless by recruit, not rescue, but its cool if Advent is mean and send them to me that way;)
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

I wish I'd bookmarked the thread, but the way it was explained by one of the testers every person has a 16% (so about 1 in 5) chance to be faceless. Yes even the ones you rescue.

Your haven is just the people you see. If one reveals as a faceless and you kill them then the count in the haven is reduced by 1.

13 is the max number of people you can have working but you can have more than that total.

So let's say you start with 6 people of which three are faceless and first month get a rendezvous mission where you kill one faceless. Now you have 5 people. But two are still faceless. Next month you rescue three so now you have 8 in the haven but we'll say one more faceless, total is 5 humans and three aliens. Do another rendezvous and kill two faceless you have six people including one faceless. This just keeps going until you kill them all and never add any more people.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Regarding infiltrators and rendezvous missions, does anyone know exactly how easily a mid-high ranked soldier advisor will sniff these out? Is it at least partially based on the number of haven personnel on the recruitment task? If true, that's a little obnoxious and counter-productive. I'd rather not be recruiting more potential infiltrators just so I can have better chances at rooting out who's already there.
Adelthorne

Post by Adelthorne »

GavinRuneblade wrote:I wish I'd bookmarked the thread, but the way it was explained by one of the testers every person has a 16% (so about 1 in 5) chance to be faceless. Yes even the ones you rescue.

Your haven is just the people you see. If one reveals as a faceless and you kill them then the count in the haven is reduced by 1.

13 is the max number of people you can have working but you can have more than that total.

So let's say you start with 6 people of which three are faceless and first month get a rendezvous mission where you kill one faceless. Now you have 5 people. But two are still faceless. Next month you rescue three so now you have 8 in the haven but we'll say one more faceless, total is 5 humans and three aliens. Do another rendezvous and kill two faceless you have six people including one faceless. This just keeps going until you kill them all and never add any more people.
Thx thats explain alot.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

seananigans wrote:Regarding infiltrators and rendezvous missions, does anyone know exactly how easily a mid-high ranked soldier advisor will sniff these out? Is it at least partially based on the number of haven personnel on the recruitment task? If true, that's a little obnoxious and counter-productive. I'd rather not be recruiting more potential infiltrators just so I can have better chances at rooting out who's already there.
It's completley based on your soldier advisor and their ranks. It's basically an Intel job that only your soldier advisor can do.

I believe the way it works is that you get intel towards the faceless missions every day. Once you pass a certain number, you then gain a chance to detect faceless each day. That chance is increased by the size of the intel you are getting every day.

That intel number increases linearly to the 4th rank of the base class and office class, then suffers diminishing returns up to the 8th (and final) rank. The Psi class is about 50% better at detecting Faceless than any other class. So Psi Officers are the ultimate in Faceless busting.

Ironically, the higher rank your soldier advisor is, the more likely you are to recruit someone new to the Haven, even with nobody else Recruiting (it's only worth 1-2 recruiting jobs though).
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

I have a question about how the faceless intel works. If I swap soldiers or just take him off for gear checks etc. does that reset the faceless intel bucket?

Also, if I'm leaking supplies, does that mean the faceless has to be in one of the regions where I have ppl on supplies? Or can faceless steal supplies even if they're not in a region that's doing supplies.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

nightwyrm wrote:I have a question about how the faceless intel works. If I swap soldiers or just take him off for gear checks etc. does that reset the faceless intel bucket?

Also, if I'm leaking supplies, does that mean the faceless has to be in one of the regions where I have ppl on supplies? Or can faceless steal supplies even if they're not in a region that's doing supplies.
I can't fully answer the first question. From what I understand, any change of job means no production on the first day. I can only guess that changing officers doesn't reset the intel bucket, but it seems logical.

Faceless steal a percentage of supplies in the Haven they are in. But supplies are calculated per day. If the faceless turns up halfway through the month or you change jobs sometimes during the month, the amount lost won't add up easily.

As a side note, Faceless also reduce the effectiveness of recruiting and intel efforts. So even if you have nobody on supplies, they are still inflicting some pain.