Allow migration of rebels personal

FreedomFighterEx

Allow migration of rebels personal

Post by FreedomFighterEx »

Once the Haven rebels been reduced below 4, it is hard to populate them back again. The Retaliation mission is the main beef that could make it happen since they spread all over the damn place and you can't control them then they get pick off one by one. Worst part is the activated pod also interest more in shooting them more than your troop. Please allow us to transfer our rebels from one base to another. Could help with when one base is so overbloat too.
No1currz

Re: Allow migration of rebels personal

Post by No1currz »

An interesting concept. Kind of like transferring jets to another base hanger. They would probably have to be 'out of the fight' for a while as they make their way across the globe. The further the haven, the longer the rebel would be out. Would make for interesting decisions
Azrell

Post by Azrell »

++ I keep looking for a way to do this! i thought it was such and obvious thing to have in the game that i must have just overlooked where it was. Why recruit new, and possible faceless, rebels when i have 8 just sitting on hiding on province over.
anonynamja

Post by anonynamja »

Narratively speaking, my feeling is that rebels aren't just roommates who live in your haven and work on their laptops. They are agents embedded in advent cities with day jobs and cover stories, that's how they collect intelligence on advent activities, find other assets for recruitment, and siphon resources to xcom. They can't just be moved to another country and perform as effectively.
PWK87

Post by PWK87 »

I think its supposed to be a major blow if almost everyone in a haven gets killed. Having one of your troops as the haven advisor helps recruiting to get the numbers back up. I've found having a shinobi with high mobility on civi duty during retaliations really helps round them up in time. If its the old style mission with a fixed number of aliens you really have to push hard and try to engage each pod as quickly as possible as they seem to prefer shooting at xcom to shooting at civis and you can aggro them into a cleared part of the map. I've also seen some data tap missions marked "prevent a resistance data leak" which might prevent a retaliation?
dundalis

Post by dundalis »

anonynamja wrote:Narratively speaking, my feeling is that rebels aren't just roommates who live in your haven and work on their laptops. They are agents embedded in advent cities with day jobs and cover stories, that's how they collect intelligence on advent activities, find other assets for recruitment, and siphon resources to xcom. They can't just be moved to another country and perform as effectively.
Possibly, but that doesn't mean they can't live in another country and start again. Perhaps there could be a supply cost involved in transferring rebels to account for setting them up in a new country. Narratively I could pick plenty of holes in the mechanics, some of which are put in place despite narratively not fitting specifically for improved gameplay purposes. This gives a way back in rather than simply writing off a country after one bad/unlucky mission.

This is another topic but related to implementing this mechanic, but I feel like faceless rebel mechanic should be more intuitive. Like icons to indicate which rebels are clean as soldiers spend time as haven leaders investigating. Trying to keep track of which rebels were recruited and could still be faceless after is annoying. Like end of month you have no leak of supplies so you know your rebels are clean, but then you recruit more potential faceless. Be nice if there was an icon indicating clean rebels rather than having to try and remember.