Vanilla and Long War Switching

Sines

Vanilla and Long War Switching

Post by Sines »

So, I'm greatly enjoying Long War, but as the War ramps up and I rarely have a flawless mission, I find myself looking towards relaxing a bit, while still playing the game. I was thinking of firing up a (relatively) simple Veteran Ironman Vanilla game to enjoy for when I'm not up for more Long War.

Is it as simple as making sure to swap the right mods in the mod manager as I load up? Is there any chance of accidentally corrupting either save if I forget, and load the wrong one with the wrong mod?

And on the subject of loading the wrong file with the wrong mod, I've had my LW2 save constantly reminding me that I don't have the Show Health mod on (I've replaced it with perfect information). As a result of this, I've become accustom to just auto-clicking past it. However, this makes me more likely to auto-click past attempting to load a LW2 file without the mod enabled. Is there any way to tell a save "These are the mods you need to worry about now, don't check for others"? I know there are options to turn that warning off entirely, but I don't want to turn it off entirely, just get rid of it for that one mod I've 'upgraded' from.
No1currz

Re: Vanilla and Long War Switching

Post by No1currz »

I haven't messed around with the alternative mod launcher too much, but you may want to check it out. otherwise, my suggestion would be: Have two mod folders. one for the mods you want active on vanilla, and one for LW2. Then just rename them appropriately before launching

Your save file is what checks for which mods you have active for that save, so no issues there. Also check out http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =641394554 to get rid of that in-game check for that mod you're not using anymore
Zyrrashijn

Re: Vanilla and Long War Switching

Post by Zyrrashijn »

As long as you don't save, the state of your savegame won't change, even if you should fire up the wrong mod setup. But you should refresh the ini's every time you change from LW2 to vanilla and vice versa, just in case there's some leftover file that could mess with your configuration.