Clearing remaining turrets for wrecks

FeralOwl

Clearing remaining turrets for wrecks

Post by FeralOwl »

Turret wrecks yield 8 supplies each on the black market. Missions end right after you kill the last enemy even when live turrets remain.

From a lore point of view, it makes sense that XCOM would take out all the remaining live turrets on the field before salvaging corpses and supplies. So why is it that we don't get these turret wrecks?
Raven496

Re: Clearing remaining turrets for wrecks

Post by Raven496 »

I thought they did...I remember seeing a turret on a supply raid after mission report recently...I noted it especially, since I'm pretty sure I didn't find or destroy it...(I could be mistaken about not destroying it though)
trihero

Post by trihero »

I'm pretty sure you do get wrecks from "alive" turrets from the end of missions in LW2 (in missions where you can collect corpses), but not in vanilla. I remember various times not killing any turrets then seeing a 14/15 enemies killed at the end and a turret wreck in the loot I got.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

I was wondering if it went the other way, you only get the wrecks from turrets you don't destroy. I just finished a HQ assault last night. I killed 3 of 4 turrets with squadsight sniper (no explosives) and didn't touch the 4th (went around it while concealed, never bothered with it). After the mission, I had 1 wreck shown as collected. Not sure why it happened like that.