there is reasons to liberate more than one region?

ZaWarudoWRYYY

there is reasons to liberate more than one region?

Post by ZaWarudoWRYYY »

Correct me if im wrong, the invasion mission is much more difficult than regular retaliation in not liberated region. As usually invasion means that u lost at least half of you resistance staff(if u lucky), when in non liberated region you have chance get haven defence instead of classic terror mission with good opportunity to save your people.

i know that liberated region should be more efficent on jobs, but this not seems critical, in last game i has 2 region with 12-13 people, one of region is liberated, the outcome from them was pretty the same

so my questions is, should i liberated region when i have a chance, or not?

what is real difference in numbers between liberated and non liberated?

also i need assign resistance members on one type of job to maximise it, or i need spread them on different duties?
brunodema

Re: there is reasons to liberate more than one region?

Post by brunodema »

I guess it depends on a lot of factors. You may be trying to liberate a region for an increase in income (if you are in late game and need supplies to get equipment) or you may need corpses and the loot from the HQ. For me the problem isn't raiding the HQ itself, but assaulting the Network Towers :P
trihero

Post by trihero »

According to this guy who beat legendary/ironman, he only managed to liberate one region the entire game and he won just fine. I think on legendary like you said invasions are so punishing as well as retals that except for that one liberated region, he had most havens on 4 supplies + rest hiding to avoid retals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... n_writeup/

You should liberate one region fairly early (by June at least) because the income is stable, and in fact you are required to in order to see the doom tracker and proceed with the avatar objectives. What you do after that is up in the air. Some of us like to liberate more regions because of the steady supply bonus in lilberated regions, and also any objective missions in a liberated region are massively sped up for infiltration time.

Again, there is no requirement to liberate more than one region, just optional supply bonus and less infiltration time on any facilities/blacksite missions in that zone.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

HQ Assault is like an automatic Supply Raid. You get to keep all the enemy material (so try not to overdo it on non-Needler killing grenades and heavy weapons). Of course, there are always roughly Swarming amounts of enemies, but it is a pretty good windfall if you can handle it.

A liberated region has a 20% bonus to supply (possibly also recruiting and intel, but I'm not sure how to read it for those). You won't get new missions except for a Supply Raid (which is followed by an Invasion) after a month or so, meaning you don't really need Intel in the region for the first month at least. You also won't trigger mini-retaliations in a liberated region, so you can go ham and safely have 13 rebels on supply.

Also remember that an Engineer advisor is an additional 20% increase in Supplies. With everyone on supplies in a liberated region and using an Engineer advisor, you can get over 500 supply in a month (assuming no faceless!).

Regions have diminishing returns on the Supply job. Once you've taken more than 2000-2500 from a region, you will see diminishing returns on the effectiveness of the Supply Job. The soft cap is randomly selected, except for the home region where it is always 2500.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

ZaWarudoWRYYY wrote:Correct me if im wrong, the invasion mission is much more difficult than regular retaliation in not liberated region. As usually invasion means that u lost at least half of you resistance staff(if u lucky), when in non liberated region you have chance get haven defence instead of classic terror mission with good opportunity to save your people.

i know that liberated region should be more efficent on jobs, but this not seems critical, in last game i has 2 region with 12-13 people, one of region is liberated, the outcome from them was pretty the same

so my questions is, should i liberated region when i have a chance, or not?

what is real difference in numbers between liberated and non liberated?

also i need assign resistance members on one type of job to maximise it, or i need spread them on different duties?
Besides the obvious answer about raw resource extraction (supply bonus, mission bonus)there are other advantages.

Enemy strength is a global value and must move between regions. When you destroy a HQ the enemy loses up to 5 force strength and the remaining strength scatters. Doing this multiple times will significantly reduce the total enemy force strength in the world which means easier missions in general.

Additionally, because the enemies must move forces between regions along the same grid you use. Capturing regions prevents them from resupplying through that region. You can actually prevent invasions by ensuring enemy force strength in adjacent regions is low enough.

In the end, it's almost never a bad thing to liberate any region that you can. The only exception might be if you've utilized the entirety of your capacity. Because this will mean you can no longer do regular missions without expanding

That being said, in the course of the game it's extremely unlikely that his will happen unless you make it a point to liberate every region.