Heavy ordinance and plasma grenades

Nemesis

Heavy ordinance and plasma grenades

Post by Nemesis »

Perhaps I misunderstand the nature of the grenadier ability "Heavy Ordinance" but it states quite simply that any damaging "grenade" in a grenade only slot gains a bonus use, but it seemingly does not apply to Alien/Plasma grenades? Am I the only one who has this issue/misunderstanding?

what I mean by this is : If I take 1 basic frag grenade and 1 plasma grenade on my grenadier with this ability, he will be supplied with x2 uses of the frag grenades and x1 use of a plasma grenade - this effect remains even if I take only the plasma grenade as well. Unlike the "Shape Charge" I see nothing in the description of the Plasma grenade that somehow disqualifies it from the "Damaging Grenade" category.
nightwyrm

Re: Heavy ordinance and plasma grenades

Post by nightwyrm »

Heavy Ordinance and Protector only doubles the grenade if it's in the grenade-only slot of your grenadier. So you should check whether you have it in the right slot. From your description, it seems you have your frag in the doubling slot instead.
Last edited by nightwyrm on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I've never had any issues here, I equip 4 plasma grenades regularly on my frag grenadier and in battle I have 5, which is what you would expect from the +1 from the right most (grenade-only) slot.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Alright I figured I just missed something or other, thanks guys.