7 months in and no Network Tower mission

Typoko

7 months in and no Network Tower mission

Post by Typoko »

Hi!

As the topic states, i'm 7 months in to the campaign and i haven't found a chance to liberate an area. I have 7 areas contacted and i have completed the Codex chain to the spot where i need to skulljack a codex. I have gotten and completed a Network Tower mission before in a different campaign. I know you are supposed to get the quest chain going from the leads. For that, i have had 3-4 squads going most of the time. Still seems like i'm missing something? I just feel like soon i'm going to lose the game for ADVENT program going forward too much and as the Dark Events are starting to stack pretty hard.

I do all of the missions that have leads and i expect to complete them. I have plenty of missions readily available as i have multiple contacted areas. I have stopped doing any of the rescue missions that give me resistance members/engineers/scientists or soldiers. I don't expect to have many spies atm as i lost 5 out of 225 supplies last month.

Any tips/ideas?

1) The version of Long War you are playing.
1.1 but the campaign was generated during 1.0
2) The platform you are playing on.
Windows 7
3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
None
4) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.
I can, tho it is ironman so there is only one state.

PS: Not sure if this is a correct place for this post, but it doesn't seem like it should be a bug report.
Jadiel

Re: 7 months in and no Network Tower mission

Post by Jadiel »

If you go to Haven Management, do any of your regions have dots to the right of their names? Those dots are how you manage the liberation chain.

You say you've stopped doing all rescue missions - are you checking to see if any of those rescue missions are liberation missions (says Liberation below the Extract VIP bit)? Lib 2 is always an Extract VIP mission, so if you're not doing any of those, that would explain why you're not progressing.

Lib 3 is always either an Alien Relay mission or a Neutralize Dark VIP mission, so keep an eye out for that too. Once you complete Lib 3 that unlocks the Network Tower mission
Typoko

Post by Typoko »

Oh! Thank you for the advice. Four of the seven areas have that one dot. I'll have to start to look for the Liberation in those areas!
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

That means you've completed the first step in the chain in those four regions. The second mission is always Extract VIP, so look out for missions like those with 'Liberation' written on them.
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

Thanks, this made my morning. ;)
Darvon

Post by Darvon »

Jadiel wrote:If you go to Haven Management, do any of your regions have dots to the right of their names? Those dots are how you manage the liberation chain.

You say you've stopped doing all rescue missions - are you checking to see if any of those rescue missions are liberation missions (says Liberation below the Extract VIP bit)? Lib 2 is always an Extract VIP mission, so if you're not doing any of those, that would explain why you're not progressing.

Lib 3 is always either an Alien Relay mission or a Neutralize Dark VIP mission, so keep an eye out for that too. Once you complete Lib 3 that unlocks the Network Tower mission
TIL
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Worth noting that Lib 2 and Lib 3 missions will usually look pretty unattractive: short infiltration windows and lots of enemies. But if you have 4-5 days on the clock you should do them anyway, as it probably won't get any better. Boost the infiltration. Stealth them if possible. Be prepared to lose soldiers.