When Is 1.2 Out Roughly?

umie214

When Is 1.2 Out Roughly?

Post by umie214 »

Just wondering, as I want to start my second playthrough and not sure if I should wait. Really looking forward to the psionic changes.
PerkPrincess

Re: When Is 1.2 Out Roughly?

Post by PerkPrincess »

Way to kill another Rookie.

( Shouldn't be too long now, considering the localization they needed to have done is finished. Just be patient and play some Stardew Valley or something. )
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

I'm playing Minecraft while I wait. I'll put up a small headstone for the rookie whose life you just cast away.
umie214

Post by umie214 »

hey! people keep telling me I killed a rookie whenever i ask this, what's the meme here lol?
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

umie214 wrote:hey! people keep telling me I killed a rookie whenever i ask this, what's the meme here lol?
[GlaDOS] Murderer.
PerkPrincess

Post by PerkPrincess »

It's from previous unlreased LW patch notes. Everytime you ask for an ETA, a rookie is killed.
umie214

Post by umie214 »

PerkPrincess wrote:It's from previous unlreased LW patch notes. Everytime you ask for an ETA, a rookie is killed.
awesome, i feel like im part of the cult now.
Zloth

Post by Zloth »

(has 5 rookies all miss overwatch shots)

Yeah, I can live with the guilt.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views…
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Olin

Post by Olin »

Rookies are expenable, especially later on. Good for one man suicide missions (kill VIP).
mmCion

Post by mmCion »

ahhh, the death of redshirt rookies.....

Here's a source on dead rookies
johnnylump wrote:Changelists will also be posted here http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/longw ... ngelog.htm

Asking about release dates means dead rookies!
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=23646
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Olin wrote:Rookies are expenable, especially later on. Good for one man suicide missions (kill VIP).
:o do you know I never though about that ?
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Pretty sure it's 2 rookies now.

But yeah, my psi lab just completed and I want 1.2 changes to apply before I put anyone in it.
umie214

Post by umie214 »

gimrah wrote:Pretty sure it's 2 rookies now.

But yeah, my psi lab just completed and I want 1.2 changes to apply before I put anyone in it.
that's a great idea, i think i'll start my next campaign but once I get to psi lab just pause until patch. thx.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

In stand by between two campaigns, waiting patch 1.2 and Bronzeman to play again... Please release the kraken !
Flapdrol

Post by Flapdrol »

Jeckhyl wrote:
Olin wrote:Rookies are expenable, especially later on. Good for one man suicide missions (kill VIP).
:o do you know I never though about that ?
I guess you never played the original X-com, where you would use rookies carrying a live grenade in each hand to open The UFO Door of Unavoidable Death. The rookie was immediately killed by (usually several) plasma reaction shots, drop the live grenades and they would explode immediately killing the aliens that just shot him.

Very satisfying.

Apart from VIP-killing you can also use freshly trained Technicals as suiciders for infiltration missions. Make a 2 man team with a Shinobi and when the target (can be anything: prison, hackable thing) is infested with enemies, set off a rocket some distance away from the target to lure away those enemies. With a good layout and some luck, sometimes the technical makes it out as well :)
Cheradenine

Post by Cheradenine »

Rookies? You mean Tactical Ablative Armor?
trihero

Post by trihero »

I think what's giving them pause is the recent feedback about stealth/raids being too dominant in terms of mission type. At least I hope they are vigorously discussing the distribution of missions and trying to make 5-6 tactics the mainstay as it is the genuine xcom experience (not james bond shinboi or civ 5 raids). Other than that they've been quashing a lot of bugs and 1.2 has been distributed to some play testers for a while now.
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

Jeckhyl wrote:In stand by between two campaigns, waiting patch 1.2 and Bronzeman to play again... Please release the kraken !
It is easy to do bronzeman yourself.

Include the following in the games launch options:
-allowconsole -log -autodebug

That enables the debug console. Then during gameplay you can press:
~
and then type in
RestartLevel
xmd1997

Post by xmd1997 »

trihero wrote:I think what's giving them pause is the recent feedback about stealth/raids being too dominant in terms of mission type. At least I hope they are vigorously discussing the distribution of missions and trying to make 5-6 tactics the mainstay as it is the genuine xcom experience (not james bond shinboi or civ 5 raids). Other than that they've been quashing a lot of bugs and 1.2 has been distributed to some play testers for a while now.
Your right, it been a while since they were active on the forums, hopefully they're working hard and gathering feedback.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Sir_Dr_D wrote:
Jeckhyl wrote:In stand by between two campaigns, waiting patch 1.2 and Bronzeman to play again... Please release the kraken !
It is easy to do bronzeman yourself.

Include the following in the games launch options:
-allowconsole -log -autodebug

That enables the debug console. Then during gameplay you can press:
~
and then type in
RestartLevel
Thank you. A noob's question : do I write it as a single line in the game launch options or do I write 3 commands the one after the other ?
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

It is all in a single line.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Sir_Dr_D wrote:It is all in a single line.
OK, thanks.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

You don't need the last two options, just the first one (-allowconsole)

I tried running the game with the other two and it gave me all sorts of performance issues, so in case anyone else is having similar problems...
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Since we are talking console, is there a command to "teleport" a selected unit to another tile?
Just had the "prisoner stuck on the toilet" bug in my latest jailbreak :(

EDIT. Nevermind, just found it in this thread, it was TTC
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

LordYanaek wrote:Since we are talking console, is there a command to "teleport" a selected unit to another tile?
Just had the "prisoner stuck on the toilet" bug in my latest jailbreak :(

EDIT. Nevermind, just found it in this thread, it was TTC
I had one stuck on a bed and blew up the bed, being careful not to hit the rescue. Check out the 1.2 unreleased patch notes though, particularly the followup post with instructions to disable two of the parcels, so you don't get these bugged maps.