Thoughts on revealing the AWC soldier perks?

Valaska

Re: Thoughts on revealing the AWC soldier perks?

Post by Valaska »

brunodema wrote:Thanks for the feedback. In the mean time, I just realized that you can retrain soldiers on the AWC, so my argument kinda has no point :lol:

Maybe lock the topic, delete it, etc :D
Wait, you can re-roll AWC tree's for new ones?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

cerebrawl wrote:
Jacke wrote:And imagine that first pod having a single real tough target, like a Sectopod or worse. Set up others on overwatch to take out the trash and use Shadowstrike on the Big Bad, preferably Rupture from a Ranger or Gunner or someone with it as an AWC perk. Nice if they had Shredder too.
Rupture is an auto-crit, so then shadowstrike is only making sure it hits. I wonder how it interacts with cyclic fire though, will it affect all three shots? ;)
It will affect all shots within the same action. Your action as well as all overwatch fire that happens after you break concealment is considered to be under concealment.
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

Valaska wrote:
brunodema wrote:Thanks for the feedback. In the mean time, I just realized that you can retrain soldiers on the AWC, so my argument kinda has no point :lol:

Maybe lock the topic, delete it, etc :D
Wait, you can re-roll AWC tree's for new ones?
I think he just means retraining the normal ones.
Poobah

Post by Poobah »

cerebrawl wrote: I wonder how it interacts with cyclic fire though, will it affect all three shots? ;)
It should. I often bring my shinobi out of stealth with faceoff to pistol-crit every enemy on the screen.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

cerebrawl wrote:
Jacke wrote:And imagine that first pod having a single real tough target, like a Sectopod or worse. Set up others on overwatch to take out the trash and use Shadowstrike on the Big Bad, preferably Rupture from a Ranger or Gunner or someone with it as an AWC perk. Nice if they had Shredder too.
Rupture is an auto-crit, so then shadowstrike is only making sure it hits. I wonder how it interacts with cyclic fire though, will it affect all three shots? ;)
I'm still learning the details. With Shadowstrike, would be best to open with an AoE, Saturation Fire or Iron Curtain, especially if also have Bring 'Em On, which buffs crit damage. But before that, if there's a tough target in the AoE beaten zone, best to hit it first with Rupture from a Gunner or Ranger, who all should have it as the last soldier perk.
trihero

Post by trihero »

You rarely have opportunities to hit a lot of clumped enemies with aoe, so the best opener is almost always (I'm not even sure I can think of an exception) saturation fire. It's super easy to hit 4 enemies with it, and not uncommon to hit more. If there's a "big guy" in the squad shrug, so what. Either he's part of the saturation fire and takes massive damage anyways, or he's not and you lock him down with your other troops.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Jacke wrote:
cerebrawl wrote:I'm still learning the details. With Shadowstrike, would be best to open with an AoE, Saturation Fire or Iron Curtain, especially if also have Bring 'Em On, which buffs crit damage. But before that, if there's a tough target in the AoE beaten zone, best to hit it first with Rupture from a Gunner or Ranger, who all should have it as the last soldier perk.
Bring Em On, Shadow Strike... open with faceoff. ;)
Especially if you stack on a few more crit perks(deadshot, aggression).

Potentially you could be looking at hitting 20+ targets for upwards of 20 damage(plasma pistol, center mass perk on top). Neat if you've got 3+ pods in view on a swarming supply raid.