Alternate Retraining Option

Sines

Alternate Retraining Option

Post by Sines »

Retraining can be a hell of a thing for how long it takes. Which makes sense if you're retraining your entire tree (which you are). But would it be possible to add an option to retrain only a single skill for a much shorter wait time? I'm not sure the interface can easily support such a thing, but just floating the idea.
mmCion

Re: Alternate Retraining Option

Post by mmCion »

Good idea, although I would imagine it's hard to implement.

I like the direction that LW took, making respecing harder, so we can't respec at a whim to adapt to a new mission, but I would appreciate if respecing is a bit more forgiving. For example, I, by mistake, chose a wrong ability on a soldier. I could have respeced then, but needed the manpower, so I did not. When I could spare the manpower to respec this soldier, he had gone up in rank even more, so respecing took (and is still taking) what is close to months.

Maybe *idea* would be to make the first respec on a soldier take 1/3 current time, then consecutive respecs take a long time to avoid "skill hopping"?
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Respec could also send soldier back to Lance Corporal rank and he has to level up again. You'd think carefully to use respec :).
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Jeckhyl wrote:Respec could also send soldier back to Lance Corporal rank and he has to level up again. You'd think carefully to use respec :).
You wouldn't think carefully, you would rule out the idea completely!
Loosing one rank might be an idea thought.