Full Override expended after a failed attempt

Blackmalkin

Full Override expended after a failed attempt

Post by Blackmalkin »

According to the description Full Override is supposed to be expended only if it's successful.
The Boz

Re: Full Override expended after a failed attempt

Post by The Boz »

Also, how to make the ability *stick*? How do I end up owning the MEC? Hack effect is lost when I evac out, and the nearby haven gains no MECs...
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

The Boz wrote:Also, how to make the ability *stick*? How do I end up owning the MEC? Hack effect is lost when I evac out, and the nearby haven gains no MECs...
I guess this works only on "enemy materiel" missions.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

That would be good to know for sure.
From the description if you succeed the second (more difficult) hack and the MEC survives, it will search for the nearest haven on it's own and help them, so from the sound of it it should work even on evacuation missions as the MEC is no longer under direct control of the Hacker, but responding to a new set of instructions.
If the hack effect is lost when the soldier is extracted, it's either an oversight or the description should be changed.
trihero

Post by trihero »

It's bugged, I reported it and I think they are fixing it (look in the resolved bug reports forum). I have never seen anyone who can make it work in 1.1 (with keeping the mech in the haven).
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

trihero wrote:It's bugged, I reported it and I think they are fixing it (look in the resolved bug reports forum). I have never seen anyone who can make it work in 1.1 (with keeping the mech in the haven).
I just hacked a mec on a retaliation mission, defend the computer. I managed to take a superheavy AND an advent mec, but the lesser one died. I ended up with a mec in the same region... I am curious though, if you hack a super heavy mec, do you get a super heavy mec in the haven?
TechnoMage

Post by TechnoMage »

I hope I can keep a super heavy, would be so awesome
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

TechnoMage wrote:I hope I can keep a super heavy, would be so awesome
Me too! I swiped that bugger and was pretty happy, hoping it stays a super heavy lol.