Coil gun models are incredible

Hazelnut

Coil gun models are incredible

Post by Hazelnut »

I just wanted to say that the coil guns are absolutely lovely. I have been sandbagging on plasma because they look terrible. In fact I think I'd have preferred it if coil had been tier 5 instead of 4. Tempted to buy all plasma equivalents of coil and change teh coil damage to plasma stats and keep using em. :)
UraniumOverdose

Re: Coil gun models are incredible

Post by UraniumOverdose »

Try the long war 2 compatible mercenary plasma rifle mod, they look worlds better than the vanilla.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Cheers for that, they are much better than the vanilla ones, still not a match for the coil weapons though... they're so nice! :)
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

I also love how Coil Guns sound. They are just awesome overall.
mmCion

Post by mmCion »

yes, Coil guns are amazing, looks, sound, everything. :D

booooo plasma
Cloista

Post by Cloista »

Don't think it'd work on an in progress campaign, but this mod may be of interest to you - it swaps plasma and coil techs around.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =862274362
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

UraniumOverdose wrote:Try the long war 2 compatible mercenary plasma rifle mod, they look worlds better than the vanilla.
Ugh no, that stuff looks like garbage. Seriously people need to learn how to properly texture, those merc plasma weapons completely look out of place in an AAA game. Like some novice threw their sketchfab up.

But yeah the coilguns look amazing, I piut a post up before about how great they look.
Hidoi

Post by Hidoi »

I agree, the Coilguns sound and look absolutely amazing.
However I really do not like the laser weapon tier (and plasma for that matter).
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Have you guys heard about the XSkin mod? Anyone know how to make it compatible with the coil weapons?
Shadow86

Post by Shadow86 »

Valaska wrote:
UraniumOverdose wrote:Try the long war 2 compatible mercenary plasma rifle mod, they look worlds better than the vanilla.
Ugh no, that stuff looks like garbage. Seriously people need to learn how to properly texture, those merc plasma weapons completely look out of place in an AAA game. Like some novice threw their sketchfab up.

But yeah the coilguns look amazing, I piut a post up before about how great they look.
Yeah. The Merc Plasma weapons are not bad, but certainly a good several years behind professional standards.

Coilguns are terrific, even if I get a bit nitpicky about the fact they're another type of magnetic weapon when we already have a Mag (presumably railgun) tier.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

JulianSkies wrote:Have you guys heard about the XSkin mod? Anyone know how to make it compatible with the coil weapons?
XSkin is apparently kinda old and difficult to maintain; robojumper is planning on creating and releasing a new, better version at some point, but doesn't have an ETA. I'd wait for that, to be honest.

~~

My only complaint about coilguns is that they don't do the neat hybrid stock thing if you use grip+stock mods at the same time.

Well I guess maybe that and that they don't have quite as many neat details as the lasers. I really appreciate some of the attention to detail to the lasers, esp. how the laser SMG has little vents that flip out along the barrel.