Hardest part of haven defense is finding civs

Hazelnut

Hardest part of haven defense is finding civs

Post by Hazelnut »

Is it just me or is finding the ppl to rescue them the hardest part of teh haven defense missions? Last two I have been unable to find 2 of the people, have explored the entire map and they are no where to be seen. It's frustrating to take wounds because you look for too long for rescuing everyone. Why are they hiding? Don't they want to be rescued. Or is this a bug where some don't spawn anywhere?

It would certainly help if the contact circles didn't vanish, but I checked every corner of the map anyway.
seananigans

Re: Hardest part of haven defense is finding civs

Post by seananigans »

On the note of civs and retaliations...

Is it a reasonable assumption that if you have a retaliation mission in a haven region, if you collect all of the civs (possibly uncovering a faceless or two in the process), that you are now 100% clean of faceless infiltrators in that region? Or is there scripting in there for certain faceless to decide to continue hiding and not show themselves on these missions?

I'm hoping for the former, as obnoxious as rooting these guys out is already, the latter would just be dirty pool.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

seananigans wrote:On the note of civs and retaliations...

Is it a reasonable assumption that if you have a retaliation mission in a haven region, if you collect all of the civs (possibly uncovering a faceless or two in the process), that you are now 100% clean of faceless infiltrators in that region? Or is there scripting in there for certain faceless to decide to continue hiding and not show themselves on these missions?

I'm hoping for the former, as obnoxious as rooting these guys out is already, the latter would just be dirty pool.
Only a couple Faceless will show themselves in a Haven defense mission as I understand it. Any others will keep their disguise. Battle Scanners may be able to fix that problem, but it's hard to tell.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

I've never had missing civs, so it could be a bug, maybe a modded map that has a glitch in it.
Merkle

Post by Merkle »

I can confirm this does happen. Both on those missions and other with civs with detection radius.
Had a mission where when you get close to them they just appear out of thin air and blow your cover. Has happened maybe twice on one campaign. The new one I started, I have yet to have a issue.
Blackmalkin

Post by Blackmalkin »

Reloading game restores circles.
RXTXK

Post by RXTXK »

I have had "missing" civs. They haven't actually been missing just very very hard to spot when the circles are gone.
One time in three you'll spot them for the first time from the scorecard screen.

Can they all just have crazy purple jumpers, or red shirts may be more fitting.

Also where did they leave behind the weapons they take out on the other missions?
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

Tuhalu wrote: Only a couple Faceless will show themselves in a Haven defense mission as I understand it. Any others will keep their disguise. Battle Scanners may be able to fix that problem, but it's hard to tell.
:o So if I had my first retaliation and saved all 15 rebels and none of them popped a disguise, then the odds are very high that I don't actually have a faceless in that haven?

...*sheepishly puts most of them back to Supply and not Intel, this haven is in a Strength 5 zone,*
RXTXK wrote: Also where did they leave behind the weapons they take out on the other missions?
[/quote]

They were likely too busy panicking to spend 10 minutes gearing up. Which is a shame, since I was hoping that at least my level 1-2 guys with abilities would be able to do something helpful.