Seeing Adevent/ALien Perks?

Phrozehn

Seeing Adevent/ALien Perks?

Post by Phrozehn »

Hi all. Was hoping to get suggestions on a mod that will allow me to see the perks on enemy units. Preferably one that make it really easy to just hover over a unit or something to see waht they have... or maybe even that has the perk icon on their health bar or something. How do you guys identify what each alien has? Thanks in advance!
nightwyrm

Re: Seeing Adevent/ALien Perks?

Post by nightwyrm »

If you hover your mouse over their red targeting icon, you can see their buffs and debuffs.
stevemoonpig

Post by stevemoonpig »

You can use Grimy's Hotkeys mod to get lots of info by peessing F1 - it does other stuff too, but you can edit the ini file to turn off features you don't like.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =667641397
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

I think he's referring to a full inspection function like LW1 had. I especially appreciated it for learning about which Heavy Floaters, Mutons etc had stuff like Bombardier and other more annoying (especially overwatch related) perks.

For instance, only through extremely frustrating trial and error have I learned that suppression is next to useless against Sidewinders and Advent Scouts. They have Shadowstep, who knew? Well, I'd have known if LW2 had LW1's inspection capabilities :(
brunodema

Post by brunodema »

seananigans wrote:I think he's referring to a full inspection function like LW1 had. I especially appreciated it for learning about which Heavy Floaters, Mutons etc had stuff like Bombardier and other more annoying (especially overwatch related) perks.

For instance, only through extremely frustrating trial and error have I learned that suppression is next to useless against Sidewinders and Advent Scouts. They have Shadowstep, who knew? Well, I'd have known if LW2 had LW1's inspection capabilities :(
It's also cool to discover that some mecs have biggest booms after you get crit by their artillery barrage :D
stevemoonpig

Post by stevemoonpig »

That's exactly what the mod I linked does - shows a list of all the perks (and stats) by pressing F1.