Close combat assaults and sword shinobis seem useless

Valaska

Re: Close combat assaults and sword shinobis seem useless

Post by Valaska »

@aimlessgun @cmdrspyker92

Lol yeah, she has killed 16 Advent (Commander Difficulty) in one turn with reaper and the fusion axe... She also has Rapid Deployment so if I put a flashbang on her she can remove mutons counters, but she has a free smokegrenade that she can increase her survival MASSIVELY if need be. Opening up combat with a blaster rocket or even just normal rocket and softening things up I can basically leave her to just run into the middle of the enemies running pod to pod just... Massacre.

Tactical vest is all she really needs but I put a carapace on her from time to time, she has pretty good mobility so she can afford it. With the increased dodge she can typically survive most things in her warden armor. She's been knocked unconscious a few times but that was early in her career when she was a lowly 2nd Lt lol.
Uberosh

Re: Close combat assaults and sword shinobis seem useless

Post by Uberosh »

I'am using class "Shinobi" as true scout - because "free phantom" without losing perks with greater potencial - nice thing, see enemy groups before they get activated is huge advantage, especially this helps when already fighting another group.
About "Assault" class, its helped me get skulljack much easier with arc build... yea, shotgun still better than sword... lol.
Use Close Combat too risky in LW at start, too much enemies - but after Shinobi's 8 level (Implacible perk) OR
'Command' ability, suicide risk decreases significantly.