Convoy protection doesn't give corpses?

AegixDrakan

Convoy protection doesn't give corpses?

Post by AegixDrakan »

So I just had my first supply convoy protection mission and a lot of things went wrong that really don't feel like they should have.

First, despite the mission not needing evac, and my slaughtering a small army of enemies, no corpses were brought in. Is this normal? No one packed up even a few of the bodies to drag home? There's a perfectly good transport convoy sitting right there.

Secondly, on the last turn, someone went into bleedout (5 turn timer) and I was out of medkits. I ended the enemy that did it immediately, and completed the mission. I know from previous missions that as long as the mission is over before the bleedout timer ends, the soldier is saved. Well, not this time, apparently. He was reported as dead, and I'm sure it's a bug because while he has a memorial on the wall in the bar, there's no picture. No way, this guy should not be dead. >: (

...And the third thing is more just me gnashing my teeth that the sniper I put in charge of the haven has an aim rate of about 65%, and only had a hit rate that high when he was openly flanking something. Who told this guy he was fit for sniping duty?! XD
seananigans

Re: Convoy protection doesn't give corpses?

Post by seananigans »

Yeah I'll add my own confusions/frustrations on which missions allow corpse retrieval and which don't. I had been told previously that anything where you don't evac, and/or the objective is "neutralize all targets" (so this type of mission, plant X-4 to get attention, etc) would reward corpses, but that hasn't been the case for me. Thus far, my only missions granting corpses have been Gatecrasher, any Rendezvous, and then any of the various larger missions that explicitly say "Enemy Materiel" as a reward (which makes obvious sense).

I don't mind not finding caches of alloys, elerium, or supplies on these protect-the-convoy type missions, but as the OP mentions, why in the world can I not cart off the corpses? We didn't evac, it's OUR convoy!

TLDR: I like that corpses are important in XCOM2/LW2, but I'm very frustrated at how limited your choices for acquisition are.
trihero

Post by trihero »

As a general rule of thumb, if you don't evac you get corpses, and if you evac you never get corpses (besides alien rulers/avatar corpse). But there are some exceptions to this rule

- retaliations/mini-retaliations: if you have to defend your haven or one of the haven jobs like supply convoy, intel relay, you don't get corpses. This is supposedly for balance reasons so you don't purposely trigger retaliations.

- sabotaging the monument doesn't give corpses (the "idea" here is that you are going to run away immediately after the explosives are set so your resistance doesn't have time to comb the area for corpes)
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

The network tower mission doesn't give corpses by default as well.

If you want to change this no-corpses behavior for a sweep-mission, you can check that mission in the XComMission.ini of the LW_Overhaul mod.
Look for ObjectiveName="Sweep" where bIsTacticalObjective=false and change that to true. As long as a mission has a TacticalObjective you completed(and you didn't extract I guess), you will get the corpses after completion.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

trihero wrote:As a general rule of thumb, if you don't evac you get corpses, and if you evac you never get corpses (besides alien rulers/avatar corpse). But there are some exceptions to this rule

- retaliations/mini-retaliations: if you have to defend your haven or one of the haven jobs like supply convoy, intel relay, you don't get corpses. This is supposedly for balance reasons so you don't purposely trigger retaliations.

- sabotaging the monument doesn't give corpses (the "idea" here is that you are going to run away immediately after the explosives are set so your resistance doesn't have time to comb the area for corpes)
So, can you give me a list of what types of missions DO reward corpses (other than Gatecrasher and Rendezvous), but are not explicitly labeled as rewarding materiel? Or are there literally none? Because I began by perusing ufopaedia and it is definitely wrong on several of these.

The suggested ini modding is interesting.
xmd1997

Post by xmd1997 »

AegixDrakan wrote:So I just had my first supply convoy protection mission and a lot of things went wrong that really don't feel like they should have.

First, despite the mission not needing evac, and my slaughtering a small army of enemies, no corpses were brought in. Is this normal? No one packed up even a few of the bodies to drag home? There's a perfectly good transport convoy sitting right there.

Secondly, on the last turn, someone went into bleedout (5 turn timer) and I was out of medkits. I ended the enemy that did it immediately, and completed the mission. I know from previous missions that as long as the mission is over before the bleedout timer ends, the soldier is saved. Well, not this time, apparently. He was reported as dead, and I'm sure it's a bug because while he has a memorial on the wall in the bar, there's no picture. No way, this guy should not be dead. >: (

...And the third thing is more just me gnashing my teeth that the sniper I put in charge of the haven has an aim rate of about 65%, and only had a hit rate that high when he was openly flanking something. Who told this guy he was fit for sniping duty?! XD
The devs said that you get no corpses on retaliations due to the fact that players may deliberately induce them to farm corpses. Missions were you actually get corpses are...

1.Ambushess
2.Supply Raid
3.Invasions
4. HQ Assault
5. UFO Raids