Patch 1.2

Pinkerson

Patch 1.2

Post by Pinkerson »

What is the ETA on this patch. Honestly this AWC perks driving me nuts. I cannot get proper AWC on certain classes.
Yenreb

Re: Patch 1.2

Post by Yenreb »

RIP
Elfich

Post by Elfich »

Don't you know the rule of Stark?

I'd you ask GRRM about the Winds of Winter he kills another Stark.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Oh nooo, another dead rookie :o
Genius384

Post by Genius384 »

noooooo, mah rookies!!!!!!!
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

*resets the "number of days since a rookie died" sign in the break room to zero*
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Pinkerson wrote:What is the ETA on this patch. Honestly this AWC perks driving me nuts. I cannot get proper AWC on certain classes.
[ GlaDOS ] Murderer. [ /GlaDOS ]

You can patch those issues yourself right now by following the instructions in these links.

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=23895

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 549#p28378
dodger

Post by dodger »

A week ago they said 'soon'. So I'm holding out for the weekend....

They're probably too busy reviewing LW2 compatibility with the new DLC though.
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

I keep hearing people talk about this new DLC for XCOM2? Has there been any actual word on this from a legit source?

Because the only thing I've actually heard about it is that someone spotted a new steamapp id on the DLC section, which often is a simple mistake made on steam's end as much as anything substantial, usually removed once someone notices it.
Sines

Post by Sines »

Thrair wrote:I keep hearing people talk about this new DLC for XCOM2? Has there been any actual word on this from a legit source?

Because the only thing I've actually heard about it is that someone spotted a new steamapp id on the DLC section, which often is a simple mistake made on steam's end as much as anything substantial, usually removed once someone notices it.
To my knowledge, there hasn't been any official word. However, it's worth noting that Enemy Within came out about a year after Enemy Unknown, and it's been a year since XCOM 2 came out. Given that SLG and Hunters DLC added some 'side-elements' more than anything game changing, it's not unreasonable that they'd have a proper large scale DLC, especially since Long War has likely peaked interest in the game (and likely had it's launched planned with both companies). I'm guessing that the DLC will go on sale around the time we might expect all the Long War 2 buzz to still be up, but when people aren't so super-hyped up on it, that they wouldn't be interested in an expansion to the base game.

All speculation of course, but it seems likely. I just hope the expansion is more of a success than the very hit or miss 'season pass' material.
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

Thrair wrote:I keep hearing people talk about this new DLC for XCOM2? Has there been any actual word on this from a legit source?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... currently/

There was recently put up a blank entry for another piece of DLC on Steam for X2. This is likely an as yet unannounced DLC, potentially a full xpack like EW, but so far we don't know for sure.
Elfich

Patch 2.2 V's DLC

Post by Elfich »

I expect any new DLC would have been announced at Pax South or will be announced at Pax East in three weeks.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

The theory is with Jake being at PAX East, and the steam activity, that's a XPAC announcement.
Bantichai

Post by Bantichai »

I was gona mention the year one thing as well, it would be the right time to announce a new DLC if they are repeating what they did with EW it falls within a similar time frame. Didn't they do that with Beyond Earth/Rising Tide came out a year after too. With Jake going to PAX in march I'm hoping for some kind of announcement as well :P All speculation sure but you never know.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

Where is 1.2 though? Why did you leave us in these desperate times, Johnny? Its always like that with the Gods!
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I figure DLC is due soon. Jake's probably pining for a motor home or some similar new toy. :D
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

gunnergoz wrote:I figure DLC is due soon. Jake's probably pining for a motor home or some similar new toy. :D
Considering how extensive the list of changes are for both 1.1 and now 1.2, I just hope he's not pining for the fjords. ;)
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

Any news regarding the release date?

I ask, because i finished a campaign and i am not sure if i should wait for the release of version 1.2 before i start a new campaign.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

wizard1200 wrote:Any news regarding the release date?

I ask, because i finished a campaign and i am not sure if i should wait for the release of version 1.2 before i start a new campaign.
Well, there goes another tactical ablative armor...

Seriously though, some kind of status update wouldn`t hurt.
3tamatulg

Post by 3tamatulg »

I'm waiting for 1.2 to come out before I start a new run.

I hope there's some serious balance changes in there, because otherwise next run I'm skipping Psi, skipping technicals and making half my team hail of bullets gunners.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

The status is that our internal testers found a problem with one of the new features, and we are testing a fix. That takes time.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Thanks for the update ^^
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

3tamatulg wrote:I'm waiting for 1.2 to come out before I start a new run.

I hope there's some serious balance changes in there, because otherwise next run I'm skipping Psi, skipping technicals and making half my team hail of bullets gunners.
You mean other than Hail requiring five ammo and Psis being reworked?

Technicals are a matter of playstyle. They work fine as rocketeers for me, and xwynns is a burnination master.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I'm hoping that my worst fears for 1.2 will not come to pass:

-psis will still be unusable. All I see from the patch notes is now you are forced to get a number of low level skills in order to guarantee one of the higher level skills. I don't think psis would even be powerful with all their skills : /

-0% supply raids and low man stealth will be nerfed, but with no accompanying buffs to the mid-range missions. This will result in us simply passing more missions. I can understand they are too easy for what they give you and I don't want them to be that way either, but if you aren't going to do a supply raid with 1 day left at 0%, then you're surely not going to be doing it all, and the same reasoning holds with stealth missions, if they are so hard that if you can't do it with stealth cheese at 200% with a 1 shinobi at 4 days left, you're probably also going to fail it trying with 4 men due to lack of firepower /huge risk of taking wounds. I'm afraid we're just going to get into an era where we pass 75% of missions.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

People expecting serious rebalancing are likely going to be disappointed. JL has already said that 1.2 is going to mostly be bugfixes, with serious balance work being deferred to 1.3. I fully support this, since I really, really want those bugs fixed, and balancing is always the slowest part of development.