Gatekeeper sneak attacks

Blackmalkin

Gatekeeper sneak attacks

Post by Blackmalkin »

Are gatekeepers supposed to be using area of effects attacks through walls while not being active? Or are they just supposed to raise zombies, and AOE damage is just coincidental? It looks like they are targeting corpses, just like sectoids, even those that can't be raised.
In any case it's rather irritating, especially seeing as Shadow Chamber doesn't work anymore (if it were, one could at least be prepared for this).
Valaska

Re: Gatekeeper sneak attacks

Post by Valaska »

Blackmalkin wrote:Are gatekeepers supposed to be using area of effects attacks through walls while not being active? Or are they just supposed to raise zombies, and AOE damage is just coincidental? It looks like they are targeting corpses, just like sectoids, even those that can't be raised.
In any case it's rather irritating, especially seeing as Shadow Chamber doesn't work anymore (if it were, one could at least be prepared for this).
Yeah they shoot at corpses... Its saved my life more than a few times when they raise stuff instead of rifting my troops which I usually have close together.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I had an unactivated gatekeeper do that to me through a wall without me seeing it and hit 6-7 of my troops. Not sure of intended, but I'm not standing around advent corpses when gatekeepers begin to appear.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Similar behaviour as not activated sectoids, i think. Ayy sees a corpse... reanimates. Gatekeeper has just a very nasty way to do so.
Blackmalkin

Post by Blackmalkin »

trihero wrote:I had an unactivated gatekeeper do that to me through a wall without me seeing it and hit 6-7 of my troops. Not sure of intended, but I'm not standing around advent corpses when gatekeepers begin to appear.
Problem is, they target any corpses, zombiefiable or not. When it happened to my team, they were standing on dead vipers. It's actually a problem with sectoids too, as game keeps wasting your time showing you how they continually try resurrecting non-viable targets.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

That'd explain what was up with those two Sectoid Commanders in my last AVATAR Facility raid, then. The camera would jump to them, then to a corpse; nothing would happen, and their turn would end.

Which is odd, since there were plenty of (valid) ADVENT corpses around for them to reanimate too.