Codex Not Appearing?

Asian Mon

Codex Not Appearing?

Post by Asian Mon »

So I'm in January in the second year, and I've done everything else besides skulljacking the codex in order to get the avatar to spawn. However, it appears that the codex isn't spawning in any of my missions. I've done probably close to 8 or 9 liberation missions (which include all the intel gathering and network tower missions) and still no codex has spawn.

Furthermore, the Advent strength is high in regions I haven't liberated (currently highest is 11), so tougher enemies are spawning. This includes pods of Muton Elites, high level Advent soldiers, high level Archons, Andromendons, ect. So I'm getting tougher enemies, but not Codex so I can continue with the story.

Is there anyway to force the codex to spawn? It's getting annoying just waiting around for something to happen at this point.
wei270

Re: Codex Not Appearing?

Post by wei270 »

you can try console command maybe there is one that forces codes spawn i am not very familiar with it
http://ufopaedia.org/index.php/Console_Commands_(LW2)
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

I did see a wild codex spawn earlier -- specifically, a pair of them popped up whilst I was blowing up a random AVATAR Blacksite to reduce global project progress.

Might be worth hitting one of those if you can find one.

I think I also saw a couple spawn on a Destroy-a-Relay counterinsurgency protection mission, along with a pair of Archons.

So they're out there, just rare.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Yeah, I agree the codex appears pretty rarely even when the force level requirement is met (whatever it is exactly I don't know).