Getting Brian Bloom?

SouthpawHare

Getting Brian Bloom?

Post by SouthpawHare »

Some of the new mission types lack any pre-mission dialog by Central, and as a result just don't have that same dramatic flair to them (especially Gatecrasher, which doesn't feel the same without a briefing to go with the awesome music). So, the natural question is: is there any hope of having new dialog made?

Some voice actors are generous enough to consider doing a few short lines like this for free in order to please the fans. Is Brian Bloom, voice of John Central Bradford, the sort of person who might agree, and would anyone be willing or able to contact him to ask?
Sines

Re: Getting Brian Bloom?

Post by Sines »

Even if he were willing to do a few extra lines for free (or cheap) for a mod, I don't think this really qualifies. Long War 2 is officially sponsored. I'm not sure if Pavonis was paid by Firaxis, but if they were, then any voice actors would be entitled to normal fees for additional lines.

But hey, if they are making a new DLC, an extra line or two once they're already in the studio shouldn't be a big deal at all.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

SouthpawHare wrote: Some voice actors are generous enough to consider doing a few short lines like this for free in order to please the fans.
Wonder what his rate is anyway...
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

And you need to remember that the longwar team is supporting every language and not just English. So they would need more then Brian Bloom.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

For a four-hour session with a non-celebrity voice actor and studio time I think you're looking at several grand.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

When I first saw this topic, I thought "Is that Brian Blessed?" Having him do voice acting for XCOM would have been...different. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP11L9jRW94