Set HQ Location from campaign start.

Zyxpsilon

Set HQ Location from campaign start.

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Although i'm currently using an indirect MOD that does it (with some limited risk to the "default" Global distribution of Advent Strengths -- somewhat), i'd be interested to see if you could re-activate a similar system that LW1 was designed with. It added cool Country/National bonuses & was neatly tied into the XC1-Vanilla Continents principle.

I feel LW2 could also benefit from such a complex variety if the option to select the exact HQ region or continent would simply be given to us.

Not even sure if you sticked with XC2 vanilla restrictions for exclusive start settings (in Africa+NA+Asia only) at the expense of never ever beginning into Europe, Oceania or SA... but this has been baffling my mind since XC2 was released. I just don't want this artificial hurdle blocking new wild variations of both strategy & gameplay flow concerns.. to ruin the probably "better" LW2 experience if implemented through some fresh concept(s).

Think about it, please! :ugeek:
cmdrspyker92

Re: Set HQ Location from campaign start.

Post by cmdrspyker92 »

If there was specific starting bonus' at the start of the game, for regions instead of continents maybe.
NoDebate

Post by NoDebate »

Pick? How dare you slap RNG in the face like that.

I do like where you're going with your second point though. We should be able to start in any region on the globe. More psuedo-randomness!
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

The vanilla starting locations had to do with making sure the player had good regional links I think. Now that there are so many more, there's probably no need for it.

At the same time though, X2 begins very differently from EU. It's not "who initiated the XCOM project", but rather "where did they find the Avenger." The resistance is not a nationalistic thing, some people might fondly remember their own nations, but they're all gone now. There are only ADVENT sectors now.