annoying faceless(suggestion)

ZaWarudoWRYYY

annoying faceless(suggestion)

Post by ZaWarudoWRYYY »

Faceless in havens there is to much of them! I tired of 1-2+ every month rendezvous, it interesting first time but then become most routine and boring missions type in the game. It also feels stupid, if the advent can easely have 1-4 faceless in every haven, why resistance still exist?

I think faceless in haven need to be much more rare thing(i mean really rare, 1-4 incident on whole game, and mostly appear after DEs), but also them should have much more impact on xcom operations, not only steal few supplies, but steal intel as well, make infiltration harder, and trigger classic retaliation mission if u let them do things too long.
LordYanaek

Re: annoying faceless(suggestion)

Post by LordYanaek »

They already have a big impact on your operations
  • They steal supplies of course, it's the visible part of the iceberg
  • When assigned to a job, they sabotage that job. For instance 2 faceless assigned to recruit will negate 3 rebels (each rebel gives you 3 recruit "point" and each faceless takes away 5)
  • They make mini-retaliations more likely (each faceless is equal to 2 rebels to determine whether advent will target your operations)
So actually they are quite already a big deal.

Rendezvous missions are quite short so they don't bother me but they can become repetitive after a while (especially since you still have mostly rookies). Try to see them as opportunities to gather a few corpses with low risk. ;)
RapidFire

Post by RapidFire »

ZaWarudoWRYYY wrote:Faceless in havens there is to much of them! I tired of 1-2+ every month rendezvous, it interesting first time but then become most routine and boring missions type in the game. It also feels stupid, if the advent can easely have 1-4 faceless in every haven, why resistance still exist?

I think faceless in haven need to be much more rare thing(i mean really rare, 1-4 incident on whole game, and mostly appear after DEs), but also them should have much more impact on xcom operations, not only steal few supplies, but steal intel as well, make infiltration harder, and trigger classic retaliation mission if u let them do things too long.
I think it is overdone. The ini file (I forget which one) seems to result in 1/8 recruits being faceless. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That seems excessive. The only reason I didn't change it was that I didn't want to make it too easy, since I already use a couple mods that have that effect (Extract Corpses and Gremlin's grab loot and I just started using True Concealment).
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

RapidFire wrote:I think it is overdone. The ini file (I forget which one) seems to result in 1/8 recruits being faceless. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That seems excessive. The only reason I didn't change it was that I didn't want to make it too easy, since I already use a couple mods that have that effect (Extract Corpses and Gremlin's grab loot and I just started using True Concealment).
It's 0.16 (16%), which is actually closer to 1/6. You can expect to get a couple Faceless in your first 13 Haven members every time, so it's critical to root them out.
cmdrspyker92

Post by cmdrspyker92 »

If haven missions werent so tedious after the first 10, it wouldn't be so bad.

Definitely could use some variety up in there. Maybe a pre-emptive attack? Haven personal attack a ADVENT staging area with XCOM support in order to purge their databases and fuck everything up? Kinda like a mini-HQ assault. Prevents ADVENT retaliation missions in that region for 30 days.

The faceless are bugger all. But you can figure out which ones are which at the end of the month if they're on the supply job.