[QoL Suggestion] Not-Faceless-Marker

Dwarfling

[QoL Suggestion] Not-Faceless-Marker

Post by Dwarfling »

Ok so we know that if you get a Rendevous, Relay or Supply defence mission, the rebels that join your Soldier Advisor are definitively not Faceless. And the rebels that don't turn into faceless when you bump into them in a Haven defense or Retaliation mission are not Faceless (I HOPE).

Would it be possible to add a "trusted" marker to them in the haven info? I mean, we can always just write names with pen and paper to know who the not-a-faceless people and who not to trust to have them on Hide or Supply jobs (because Faceless hurt Recruit), but if we could just have it in game, that'd save us the hassle.
roberdjp

Re: [QoL Suggestion] Not-Faceless-Marker

Post by roberdjp »

Pretty sure that both of your premises are wrong.
Yenreb

Post by Yenreb »

After a rendezvous all faceless are removed from the haven, right? I don't know about any of the other premises.
roberdjp

Post by roberdjp »

I don't think so. I think after a rendezvous, all faceless that were set to be revealed on that rendezvous are removed from the haven. I was under the impression that it was possible for additional haven members (including those in your combat party) to be unrevealed faceless.

I might have read too much into somebody else's post, here, though.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

There can definitely be unrevealed Faceless because one of the 1.1 bug fixes was stopping it from removing all Faceless, not just the ones actually found.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Wait, can a Faceless be a haven soldier that helps you kill another Faceless?

Don't think so.
roberdjp

Post by roberdjp »

There was at least a winking implication that it can, yeah.
KevlinTallfellow

Post by KevlinTallfellow »

Dwarfling wrote:Wait, can a Faceless be a haven soldier that helps you kill another Faceless?

Don't think so.
What better way to cement your cover than to help your enemies kill another spy?

Also, I'm pretty sure that those faceless in the rendezvous don't leave your haven if they're not actually revealed to be faceless, i.e., you don't move close enough to them to make them turn into goop monsters. If they turn into goop monsters, they will be removed from the haven, as their cover is blown. If they do *not* turn into goop monsters, then you still can't confirm that they are faceless, and they will return to your haven to continue spying on you.

The bottom line is, you really don't *know* if a rebel is *not* faceless. You can only know if they *are* faceless by revealing them. Even if you see Joe Schmoe out at the rendezvous, that's still no guarantee that Joe Schmoe back at the haven is a faceless spy; you don't have eyes on these people 24/7, so a faceless could easily pretend to be someone when the real someone isn't around.

This is just my take on it, though. I don't have a copy of the Official Lump Codex, so I can't say how it's meant to be.
justdont

Post by justdont »

KevlinTallfellow wrote:If they do *not* turn into goop monsters,
...they'll still vanish. As long as you launch the mission at all, affected faceless will go away even if you evac immediately.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

justdont wrote:
...they'll still vanish. As long as you launch the mission at all, affected faceless will go away even if you evac immediately.
Wait, this seems like an obvious exploit. Is there any downside to immediately evacing from these missions?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Mooncabbage wrote:
justdont wrote:
Wait, this seems like an obvious exploit. Is there any downside to immediately evacing from these missions?
No corpses/loot. Faceless corpses are virtually impossible to collect outside this mission, and often times there are 3-4 loot drops for little risk in the mission. Loot can be pretty scarce especially when you're looking for cores, elite weapon mods, and pcs, so I would be loathe to just evac the mission considering it's generally pretty easy. It's not an exploit btw, they deliberately did it that way.
Skyfire

Post by Skyfire »

justdont wrote:
XWynns' youtube campaign suggests this is false. He got a mission with two disguised faceless, one of whom he activated, and ended up evacing. The faceless he saw transform was removed from the haven; the one who didn't transform was not removed. He only had one rebel available to use - out of a three-rebel haven - so it seems pretty likely that both disguised faceless were infiltrators rather than one being a random civilian.

There were apparently bugs with faceless being cleared after rendezvous prior to 1.1 - how recently have you checked whether an immediate evac from the rendezvous actually does clear the infiltrator? It could be that it happened in 1.0 but has been fixed...
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Confirmed: A Haven Soldier from Data Tap turned to be a faceless after a Rendevouz.
justdont

Post by justdont »

Skyfire wrote:There were apparently bugs with faceless being cleared after rendezvous prior to 1.1 - how recently have you checked whether an immediate evac from the rendezvous actually does clear the infiltrator? It could be that it happened in 1.0 but has been fixed...
I had it in my 1.1 campaign just a few days ago.
Probably they introduced another bug, where only a single faceless is cleared rather that all that were present. I haven't had a situation where several faceless appeared on a Rendezvous at once. One agent always gets removed if you evac immediately, you don't even need to go look at him, much less have him transform.