Starting Regions

NoDebate

Starting Regions

Post by NoDebate »

I believe LW2's starting regions are unchanged from vanilla, i.e., Europe, Oceania, and South America are omitted as potential starting regions.

Can this be changed so that any region is available as a start position?

Should it be changed?
RapidFire

Re: Starting Regions

Post by RapidFire »

Personally, I would like to start in some of the 2-region countries for a change. I don't think any of the continent bonuses are that overpowered that it would have a major effect on the game, not more than some other random effects elsewhere.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

This https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =635253356 Mod actually works just fine with LW2.

Although there are a few strange effects to the ADVENT "strength distribution" of troops upon start.. i suspect this has to do with a scripted mechanic introduced by Pavonis to handle the tricky Vigilence aspect based on Continents coverage relative to any given HQ locations.

BUT -- who cares... it's a very small detail once you consider how the newest system of Regional Links (six more than Vanilla -- Pacific, Atlantic & Indian Oceans, btw) opens up the whole Resistance network capacity to develop on a steady pace -- from anywhere & a full pool of 16 defaults instead of 10 only!
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Here's my custom INI file for it...
------------------------
;Configuration file for the mod "Set HQ Location".
[SetHQLocation.SetHQLocation]
; DUOS!
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_NorthOC"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_SouthOC"
NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_WestEU"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_EastEU"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_NorthSA"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_SouthSA"
; TRIPLES!
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_EastNA"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_EastAF"
;NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_SouthAS"

;Just replace NEW_HQ_LOCATION="WorldRegion_WestEU" with NEW_HQ_LOCATION="something else"
;Any of these should work:
;WorldRegion_EastNA, WorldRegion_WestNA, WorldRegion_SouthNA,
;WorldRegion_NorthSA, WorldRegion_SouthSA
;WorldRegion_WestEU, WorldRegion_EastEU,
;WorldRegion_NorthAF, WorldRegion_EastAF, WorldRegion_SouthAF
;WorldRegion_EastAS, WorldRegion_WestAS, WorldRegion_NorthAS, WorldRegion_SouthAS
;WorldRegion_NorthOC, WorldRegion_SouthOC
---------------------------

I just use one of the un-commented line(s) as needed via toggling the appropriate semi-colon(s) ";" on/off -- WesternEurope above, for example! ;)