Useful Facts From Another Sod's INI Mining

Ithuriel

Useful Facts From Another Sod's INI Mining

Post by Ithuriel »

So, I was trawling through the INIs and found a few interesting things.
  • Mission experience per soldier is (total mission experience) / (Max of 3 or # of soldiers per mission). This means that any mission with at least 3 soldiers get the total experience for the mission- but with 6 soldiers the experience per soldier will be half as much, etc.
  • The chance aliens have to get a bonus offensive/defensive action when they activate is 20% on Veteren and 33% on higher difficulties (0% on Rookie). However, this chance drops the more aliens within an individual pod proc it- so the more aliens in a pod get a bonus action, the less likely it is the rest will.
  • Bleedout chance is based off of overkill damage! It ranges from a 90% chance if you take exactly enough damage to kill you to 0% at 5+ overkill damage
  • Any rebels over the 13 that can work will be safe from retaliations (e.g. can't die in them).
  • (This one is better known) Overwatch suffers from a 0.7 multiplier, 0.6 if the target is yellow-moving. This is a flat multiplier- so if your chance to hit is 80% after all other modifiers, you have a 0.7*80%=56% chance to hit.
  • Trikes are really easy to destroy!
  • Codex corpses are recovered even if they die to explosives.
Spoiler re:main campaign-
Spoiler: show
This also applies to Avatar corpses
  • Big ADVENT turrets have squadsight
  • After enough turns (12-8 or 28-20 depending on difficulty) ADVENT starts dropping 8-man pods every turn to make you leave the mission. First numbers are after mission objective completed, latter are absolute.
Hope you find this interesting, folks ^^
Nibelung44

Re: Useful Facts From Another Sod's INI Mining

Post by Nibelung44 »

That was really interesting!

About the large pod drop, hopefully it starts counting after you are not stealthy anymore? Because that would be frightening! :|
AlexTFish

Post by AlexTFish »

Ithuriel wrote:[*]The chance aliens have to get a bonus offensive/defensive action when they activate is 20% on Veteren and 33% on higher difficulties (0% on Rookie). However, this chance drops the more aliens within an individual pod proc it- so the more aliens in a pod get a bonus action, the less likely it is the rest will.
Hm. I'm currently playing on Rookie but modding a few things up towards Veteran level (e.g. I've made reinforcement flares invisible like they are on all non-Rookie difficulties). Could you tell me what's the ini line that defines this bonus action chance? Since I'll probably only play one LW2 campaign I'd like to get a bit more of the LW2 experience and take this up towards the Veteran level.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Bleedout chance is based off of overkill damage!
Thanks, that's really good to know. Makes medkits more valuable.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

Nibelung44 wrote:That was really interesting!

About the large pod drop, hopefully it starts counting after you are not stealthy anymore? Because that would be frightening! :|
Thanks for the appreciation! In timed objective missions (like data tap, destroy relay) the timer starts counting after you have both broken concealment AND completed the objective e.g. destroyed the relay. I think it's to stop potential abuse, encourage you to leave.

On missions without a timer- e.g. Destroy the Relay- the larger numbers I gave applied. It's evenly scaled for difficulties above Rookie, so 24 turns on Veteren, 20 on Commander, 16 on Legendary.

Tbh I found this out because I accidentally hit it... I had 2 ninja Shinobis try and stealth a Destroy the Relay mission. Miraculously they actually killed all 10 enemies- but I had to do an extremely high amount of scouting plus I killed the pods slowly with a bunch of LoS shenanigans, so it took me a long time. On the turn I was going to kill the last enemy the doom pods started dropping. Long story short... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =868768405
AlexTFish wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:[*]The chance aliens have to get a bonus offensive/defensive action when they activate is 20% on Veteren and 33% on higher difficulties (0% on Rookie). However, this chance drops the more aliens within an individual pod proc it- so the more aliens in a pod get a bonus action, the less likely it is the rest will.
Hm. I'm currently playing on Rookie but modding a few things up towards Veteran level (e.g. I've made reinforcement flares invisible like they are on all non-Rookie difficulties). Could you tell me what's the ini line that defines this bonus action chance? Since I'll probably only play one LW2 campaign I'd like to get a bit more of the LW2 experience and take this up towards the Veteran level.
Sorry for the late response- iirc it's in the LWOverhall.ini or something like that. LWRework? That kind of a title- located in Steam\workshop\content\268500\844...something\config.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Ithuriel wrote:...iirc it's in the LWOverhall.ini or something like that. LWRework? That kind of a title- located in Steam\workshop\content\268500\844...something\config.
<Steam install dir>\SteamApps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComLW_Overhaul.ini
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

Jacke wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:...iirc it's in the LWOverhall.ini or something like that. LWRework? That kind of a title- located in Steam\workshop\content\268500\844...something\config.
<Steam install dir>\SteamApps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComLW_Overhaul.ini
See! Told you I was right! :P
SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare »

Ithuriel wrote:So, I was trawling through the INIs and found a few interesting things.

[*]Codex corpses are recovered even if they die to explosives. [/list]
Spoiler re:main campaign-
This also applies to Avatar corpses
Hope you find this interesting, folks ^^
I'm pretty sure that this applies to
the Alien Rulers
as well, since you seem to get their corpses even on maps where you EVAC. I assume that all of these corpses will always be recovered regardless of any circumstances due to their importance.